forks....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok s i have about 7 pairs of wally world forks ....i was goonna toss em...well there still sitin there !!!
my question is what else could a guy use all them forks for ... so i cam here 2 ask u guys ....what have some of u used ur junk forks for ...hows about some pics or ideas .....thnx guys n gals !!! MIKE

My truing stand....

IMAG0585.jpg

ya know that was my first thought ....but i dont know how 2 lace wheels ...so do i really need a truing stand?? also these 2 off walmart bmx bikes ...not the cool kinda forks ... :D

actually i was thinkin more in the lines of mayb ... art of some type ....i seen some ppl male yard art things out of em ...like birds n stuff ...i was thinkin more bicycle related tho .... :D IDK

I made a tow hitch for a trailer out of one when I was a kid. Attached the fork dropouts to the rear axle of my bicycle,having the fork parallel to the road.Ran a rope from the steerer tube to the seatpost for support. Put a bolt up through the steerer tube as an attachment / swivel point for the trailer. worked good with a heavy and wide trailer.

If you can weld consider using them to make some sort of bike rack.

Here is one that my brother and friend built for the Boise Bike Project
media_httpapiningcom80filesJOtgTmaudxtNhlwvNuAcSuMJuuNmB6NtFneIeIdEAIMG0034JPGwidth737height552_HeuGzaixIbGntlb.jpg

You don't have to lace wheels to need a truing stand. I think I have outgrown my stage of regularly bending rims but there is always a wheel in the vicinity that rubs in a spot. I usually do my truing on the bike but that's just because I don't have a stand. I did a little work in a bike shop and having a stand on a bench right in front of you lets you zone in on the wheel and pull all imperfections out. But that only uses one fork unless you have different sizes.

I have some old truck wheels no one wants to buy, I figured I would combine a couple of wheels with a couple of forks to make stands for when I do need to work on the bike. If I have to pull a wheel I would have a place to rest the drop outs instead of putting them on the floor.

i really like that bike rack !!!! very cool
im gonna have 2 find a bunch of frames the same now ....i just junked about 6 old girls frames 2 ..... :D
DT i guess r rite i could still use a stand ...i may just do both ...

Back