Free Schwinn Suburban

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A friend of mine found a Schwinn Suburban at the junkyard. He got it for free and gave it to me. The bike pile had been crushed with a dozer but the Suburban was on top of the pile and was largely unscathed. It has a broken spoke and a bent spoke, dents and scratches in the rear fender and a broken rear reflector. It is all original. I have owned Suburbans in the past, but they were all 10 speeds, this one is a five speed.

takes-a-licking-and-keeps-on-ticking.jpg

Awesome!

Great save. Be sure to buy him a beer ( or Dr Pepper ).
ALways makes me sad that bikes get crushed, around here nothing can come out of the scrapyard or the dump after it goes in :(, they actually have armed guards at the county dump to keep ppl from stealing trash , go figure....

Great save. Be sure to buy him a beer ( or Dr Pepper ).
ALways makes me sad that bikes get crushed, around here nothing can come out of the scrapyard or the dump after it goes in :(, they actually have armed guards at the county dump to keep ppl from stealing trash , go figure....
Not every State or Community has that law in effect. I buy stuff out of the Scrapyards around here in Iowa from time to time.

Latest posts

Back