Ft Collins TDF Photos (Videos added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back to our hotel from the TDF. AWESOME! UNBELIEVABLE! Words can't express what a good time this is. Well worth the 10 hour drive. A few others from the Coasters BC are here also.They estimate 15000 bikes in the parade. Will have photos and videos soon as I re-cooperate. Also just found out the laptop won't read the HC SD card I've got the photos on.

Camera phone pic...
photo.JPG

Re: Ft Collins TDF Photos & Videos

Sorry Galtbacken . Yes it's Tour De Fat . Elsewhere I believe it's Tour De France :D

Again it's so hard to describe what this is like. It was probably 4 or 5 miles of tire to tire bike riders taking up 2 and 4 lanes. The parade seemed endless. We pulled over for a while to watch just a small part of the parade go by. People in town line the streets to watch. Musical groups set up and play along the parade route. It's just wild. Wild, bikes, wild costumes, wild people. And then of course is the festival after the parade which is a blast. Beer, great music, misc. acts, all kinds of stuff going on.

A video watching just a few of the 15000 or so parade riders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBMSSbzjtJk

All my photos here

Here's us "Coasters" that came from Kansas to attend.
IMG_3350.JPG

Great video!!! wish we were there again.. next year is in stone. and still going to austin! see you guys in a couple weeks.

Great video of riding in the parade! That definitely shows just how cool this ride is. I just gotta do this! An incredible number of riders, crazy varieties of bikes, and cool costumes. Two things made me say "Woah" outloud when I watched it. When everyone is getting bunched up and making a slow right hand turn and out of nowhere this little girl on a little bike makes a left, crossing your path! Classic kid's stuff right there! And then later, the dude coming towards you with the huge steer's horns on his bike! He makes running with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain child's play! Man, thanks so much for putting together the video. Looks like you all had a great time.

We had another great time at TDF Fort Collins, our third time being there at TDF. We took a tour of the New Belguim Brewery. One of the other couples from Wichita did the tour of Budwieser, they had a good time. Rode to downtown/oldtown, to eat at local resturants, and checkout shops and galleries. Friday night was their art gallery crawl, with galleries open late.
One of the galleries, the Art Lab, had an Art of the Bike show, this show featured Fort Collins bicycle frame builders. There were bamboo bikes by Panda, steel frame cruiser/commuter bikes by BlackSheep, and some electric bikes by Runabout, a jet bike and several other cool bikes and bicycle art . When we first walked in the Art Lab, I noticed a photo on the wall, of a guy in TDF costume and bike, IT WAS ME, from last year, wearing a Fat Tire beer jet pack the I made, and was on my RRBBO4 bike the Star Liner. We met Josh with Runabout and he took us outside to show his electric trike, this trike has been clocked at over 72 mph on a 1/8 th mile oval!! He set on the trike ( two front wheels, one in back is powered ) held the front brakes and did a burnout , smoked the back tire for 30 seconds or so,cool . Our bikes, we had the Beer Bike and the Star Chief, parked out front of the gallery and they got a lot of attention, too.
Then Saturday riding with 15,000 other bicycle freaks was great. New Belgium Brewery/TDF/Fort Collins is a great place to be on the labor day weekend, make plans to be there next year, we will.

Hooch said:
i need to do one of these yet!
Watch for one in Chicago next year. This was our 2nd time in Ft Collins. We've also attended TDFs in Portland and Tempe. Although those weren't quite as big and grand as Ft Collins they were still a blast.

On the way to the TDF we encountered this fat tired burrito. This is the only pic I got. That's Dangratsdan riding next to it. Maybe he can tell you more about it.
IMG_3339.JPG

hooch, theres a couple of us going down to austin texas for there tour in oct.? caravan down with some of your local riders?

aka_locojoe said:
On the way to the TDF we encountered this fat tired burrito. This is the only pic I got. That's Dangratsdan riding next to it. Maybe he can tell you more about it.
IMG_3339.JPG

This thing looked like alot of work to ride. But, the guy who owned it handled it well all day.
The big tire is mounted on a single sided frame, I think made from 2 x 4 tubing, with 2 inch tube you see going to the 18 inch or so back tire. It was front wheel drive, direct drive with free wheel, so he could coast with out pedaling. The front tire was at least a 24 x 3 mounted to a 3 inch wide wheel.
I seen him after the parade and before the slow race. He wanted to slow race, but was not allowed to for some reason. Oh yea, this bike does not have or need a kickstand.

Looks like a great time. I think your post convinced me to go the Tour De Fat in Denver this weekend. I live an hour away and have never been.

Latest posts

Back