MBBO Savage B.O.B.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was showing the owner the pictures I was showing you of the lights, asking his opinion, I didn’t realize the sissy bar was in the background. I was going to reveal that at the end as a surprise, but the cat is out of the bag.

Mark Stephens is a fabricator in the muscle bike community. I helped him in a small way with answers and suggestions on fabricating tall sissy bars, and he’s taken off with it. He makes some terrific creations and the orders have been flying in.

I had a special challenge for him. In ‘72, Ross kicked the top of their sissy bar back.
View attachment 281116

I wanted to recreate that to make this bar special for this Barracuda. We also decided to take a crack at suspension, which removes height adjustability, so we’ll see how that works. And lastly, I needed something super special. I sent Mark this picture from the Chainguard from my King Cuda.
View attachment 281117

And with all that, here’s what I got.

View attachment 281118
View attachment 281119
View attachment 281120
View attachment 281121

I wanted to “jush it up” a little. So I found this orange gem.
View attachment 281122

And added it.
View attachment 281123

The work he did on that fish, etching in the shading, is just extraordinary. It exceeded my expectations!
That's pretty awesome.

Latest posts

Back