Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley Grand Slam Maiden Voyage Jazz Fest

Jake Sensi said:
Great bike B!! You did it. Peace

Thanks Jake!!!
It was a freaking blast to ride tonight. It is such an unusual bike.
I have never experienced such an awesome response from people!!

HUGE!!!!! props go out to my co-worker and friend Dan!!!! He did all of the welding! This would not have been possible without him!!

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley Maiden Voyage Photos and Videos

yoothgeye said:
Now... TO THE SAND!

Even though I am only 20 mins away, it will be a couple of weeks before I hit the beach with it. Real life is settling in.

great pic's and vid. looks like it rides easy. yep, now we need to see it in the sand, when ya get back.lol.

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
great pic's and vid. looks like it rides easy. yep, now we need to see it in the sand, when ya get back.lol.

Outlaw 8)

Thanks, It really does ride easy.
I will take it to Tybee in a couple of weeks. I think the gearing is about right for the beach (24T rear). I could even go with the 28T if I wanted a granny gear.

Great bike, dude ! I recognize your story, 'bout people asking questions about the bike. And some of them actually wanting to give it a try. In which case, I just let them take my bike for a spin and a small photo-session afterwards. It's allways nice to hear, that even nórmal people like your bike. So have fun with it and ride safe ! :D

wimpy said:
Great bike, dude ! I recognize your story, 'bout people asking questions about the bike. And some of them actually wanting to give it a try. In which case, I just let them take my bike for a spin and a small photo-session afterwards. It's allways nice to hear, that even nórmal people like your bike. So have fun with it and ride safe ! :D

Thanks! Just like my BEER RUN bike, you help but smile when you see this beast roll by. Brakes will come shortly to make it a little safer.

Couldn't resist another ride down to Jazz Fest again today. I rode for a good two hours, so I got a good workout with this beast.
I actually had one girl ask me what was the purpose for such a bike. She'll never understand that these things don't need a purpose.
I told her that I built it because I could. Nuff Said!

Outlaw, You are going to have to use these tires if you plan to outdo Sand Rover or Fugsley
Photo_F0765BA3-902E-E092-7AAF-7C279EDDD4CC.jpg

Yooth, Here are the shots you requested with Fugsley next to a normal Dahon.
Photo_AE5F22A7-4350-6010-180B-E77002E71480.jpg

Photo_650E99D0-D49C-D931-9D5C-5660C423AAF1.jpg

Photo_9178014D-F3EE-1419-8D17-AF2948C63197.jpg

Wow! That comparison is more extreme than Sand Rover beside another BMX... I think, I need to set up a shot, but that looks wild.

Love that you kept your frame top bar and bottom so level, amazing how the big tires just make everything else big.

yoothgeye said:
Wow! That comparison is more extreme than Sand Rover beside another BMX... I think, I need to set up a shot, but that looks wild.

Love that you kept your frame top bar and bottom so level, amazing how the big tires just make everything else big.

Pretty cool comparision isn't it!
I just about had to keep it close to level with this frame. With that long steering tube, any incline would have thrown the whole riding posture off too much I think.

This thing is fun to ride! You can see in the video that is actually pretty nimble for its size. When she hopped on the bike, she just took off and zig zagged onto a sidewalk around some pedestrians and back out onto the road. She was fearless for a first time rider on a brakeless beast.

That bike is awesome. :D

You don't really get a sense of just how cool it is until you see someone sitting on it.

Rat Rod said:
That bike is awesome. :D

You don't really get a sense of just how cool it is until you see someone sitting on it.

Thanks Steve.

Part of that is the Dahon geometry anyway. The mass of the bike so small and the skinny tall seatpost and handlepost aren't really that visible alone. It's not until someone is on it that you see the full bike.

You ride really high up, but not insanely high like a tall bike.

I'll keep that in mind. never know what I'll do next.lol. those pic's are insane. really don't know how big it is till ya see it next to the orginal. wow, that is so awsome. it's just SIC SIC SIC, in a good way.lol
I really don't think I could even pedal something that large of a tire. I am getting old.lol

Outlaw 8)

OUTLAW said:
I'll keep that in mind. never know what I'll do next.lol. those pic's are insane. really don't know how big it is till ya see it next to the orginal. wow, that is so awsome. it's just SIC SIC SIC, in a good way.lol
I really don't think I could even pedal something that large of a tire. I am getting old.lol

Outlaw 8)

Thanks dude.

There is plenty of room on the back to add a motor to help out senior citizen riders. :wink: But you have seen photos of me riding it and if this old guy can do it, so could you.

oh, I could ride your bike ok, but not with those tractor tires.lol. yep, could put a motor on for those wheels. that would be something. be a very large fork and rear end too.lol.

Outlaw 8)

That bike (Surly Pugsley) and other similar bikes (Sun Spyder) are why we built our fat tire bikes... not because we thought we could do better, but because we are both cheap son-of-a-guns.

yoothgeye said:
That bike (Surly Pugsley) and other similar bikes (Sun Spyder) are why we built our fat tire bikes... not because we thought we could do better, but because we are both cheap son-of-a-guns.

Exactly! Plus, where is the fun in just going to a store and buying an expensive bike when you can enjoy the challenge of building a cheap one yourself?

MO FATTA - MO BETTA - MO CHEAPA

ya, but those rims and tires are pretty kool. they are still not as big as the motorcycle tires.lol. wonder how much the rims go for. but they look like 26" so the motorcycle tires won't fit, oh well, your bikes are way better anyways, guess thats why we do what we do. build kool looking bikes for not much money.lol. I just luv this.
that's why I build my own choppers way back when but then ya couldn't buy anything and if you could it was way to much so being a poor guy I build everything by hand. I like it better anyways that way.lol

OutlaW 8)

Back