Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley Maiden Voyage Photos and Videos

OUTLAW said:
ya, but those rims and tires are pretty kool. they are still not as big as the motorcycle tires.lol. wonder how much the rims go for. but they look like 26" so the motorcycle tires won't fit, oh well, your bikes are way better anyways, guess thats why we do what we do. build kool looking bikes for not much money.lol. I just luv this.
that's why I build my own choppers way back when but then ya couldn't buy anything and if you could it was way to much so being a poor guy I build everything by hand. I like it better anyways that way.lol

OutlaW 8)

16 inch motorcycle tires wouldn't work, but there may be a size that does. I still think that 19 inch motrocycle tires might be the right size for 24 in bike rims. Someone needs to check this out. Heck, maybe there is another size that will fit 26" bike rims. If we can figure out what sizes work, it could mean free cool tires for everyone that will NEVER wear out!!

Are you following the theme here?? COOL and CHEAP!!!!!!!

Sending this update from 30,000 feet.
I am in team meetings all week in Fort Collins, CO.
The coolest part is we are going to get a personal tour (with tastings) at the New Belgium Brewery!!
Getting paid to drink beer!! What a country!
I am looking forward to taking some photos of all of the Fat Tire employee bikes in the parking lot.
If you saw my BEER RUN bike, you'll understand how cool this is for me.

kingfish254 said:
Sending this update from 30,000 feet.
I am in team meetings all week in Fort Collins, CO.
The coolest part is we are going to get a personal tour (with tastings) at the New Belgium Brewery!!
Getting paid to drink beer!! What a country!
I am looking forward to taking some photos of all of the Fat Tire employee bikes in the parking lot.
If you saw my BEER RUN bike, you'll understand how cool this is for me.

Bring back stickers! :D

yeah, I'd like to find some knobbys off a motorcycle that would fit 26 rims,oh yeah that would be the ticket. hmmm, 19" for 24's, that would work too.lol
hey have fun drinkin all that beer, you must have a great job. I know I have a great job,RETIRED, lol, sorry, I just couldn't resist that.

Outlaw :p

this is my wife's rails to trails bike, it's all back together now, would this not look kool with some motorcycle knob's on it. it is a 24". would have to get her another bike. she has to have a small bike as she is only 4' 8" tall. could put her on a bmx 20". this bike is a hot rock. just maybe.lol:

IMG_1177.jpg

Outlaw :idea:

What a great looking frame, would make a cool faux BMX except for the dropouts. My son has a 12" tire HotRock, cool little bike.

actualy I think it would make a great sand digger with the big tires or a great dirt digger with the motorcycle knob's. we will see.

Outlaw :idea: :idea:

My wife is 5 1, that is why she has the lol green dahon above that I fixed up for her. I don't think I could get her to ride fugsley.

Exactly! Plus, where is the fun in just going to a store and buying an expensive bike when you can enjoy the challenge of building a cheap one yourself?

I totally agree with you, Kingfish. I only posted them pics, 'cause I'd never seen those wheels in my life. And, despite the price ($ 200,- for a rim), I think they're awesome. "Do-it-yourself" is more fun, that's true.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but if someone offered to trade me their Sun Spyder or Surly Pugsley for my Sand Rover... I'd do it. :oops:

There's nothing to be ashamed of. I wouldn't say no, either. And after the trade, you'ld build another Sand Rover. Right ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wimpy said:
There's nothing to be ashamed of. I wouldn't say no, either. And after the trade, you'ld build another Sand Rover. Right ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah, for my son.

I would probably do the same, except the capitalist in me would sell the Pugsley. :p :oops:

kingfish254 said:
I would probably do the same, except the capitalist in me would sell the Pugsley. :p :oops:

You don't like bikes... you like money! :mrgreen:

wimpy said:
Exactly! Plus, where is the fun in just going to a store and buying an expensive bike when you can enjoy the challenge of building a cheap one yourself?

I totally agree with you, Kingfish. I only posted them pics, 'cause I'd never seen those wheels in my life. And, despite the price ($ 200,- for a rim), I think they're awesome. "Do-it-yourself" is more fun, that's true.

No doubt those big wheels are awesome! All of these mega fat tire bikes are cool. Factory or homemade, they are just wicked.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

You don't like bikes... you like money! :mrgreen:

I like both, but I can see myself getting tired of a Pugsley after a few months.
I honestly enjoy palying around with all different styles of bikes, but at the same time I really get a thrill out of the hunt and success of making a good deal.

I want my bike and my money too! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am going to have to find time to take Fugsley out for another brakeless ride this weekend, but I have big house project that takes precident after being gone all weekend. I think the brakes are actually going to be a bit tricky because of the way we welded up some of the struts.

kingfish254 said:
I am going to have to find time to take Fugsley out for another brakeless ride this weekend, but I have big house project that takes precident after being gone all weekend. I think the brakes are actually going to be a bit tricky because of the way we welded up some of the struts.

Did you allow for front and rear brakes? With the weight on that bike just a front would be fine. Good luck... oh, I don't think you ever talked about color.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

Did you allow for front and rear brakes? With the weight on that bike just a front would be fine. Good luck... oh, I don't think you ever talked about color.

I plan to put brakes on front and back. But I have to see how all that works out.

I haven't really thought of color yet. One person that saw it with the flame seat thought that yellow would stand out well against the tires.

kingfish254 said:
I plan to put brakes on front and back. But I have to see how all that works out.

I haven't really thought of color yet. One person that saw it with the flame seat thought that yellow would stand out well against the tires.

I like yellow, now with the bigness of this bike, how about equipment (or Caterpillar) yellow? I seem to always see it on sale different places.

Back