Gaskill's Hop Shop presents: Little Ghost

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure Gaskill knows better than to paint it. We are probably looking at clear coat.

That thing is done.

I wouldn't bet the farm yay or nay on the finish, but with the fresh rubber and shiny bits, I'd have to make it black as night. Not that ilex green would look bad. :mrgreen:

deorman said:
I wouldn't bet the farm yay or nay on the finish, but with the fresh rubber and shiny bits, I'd have to make it black as night. Not that ilex green would look bad. :mrgreen:
I'm seeing her in black, glossy and greasy. I need to get some tire paint to black out some of that tire lettering.

Lonewolf said:
I'm sure Gaskill knows better than to paint it. We are probably looking at clear coat. That thing is done.
Haha, there is a clear coat on there. This paint job is what i call the "Underwear" To visualize the final outcome, i usually hit a project in paint that flows in the direction that i'm going. Think of it as a primed hot rod sitting in the barn, waiting for that heavy coat of tractor paint. I'm glad to hear the good vibes on this build. The Little Ghost, is a summary of all of my other creations. Things that fell short in other projects are coming together in this build. I've been drawing this bike for the past year, and luckily is actually coming out like my sketches.

gaskill said:
Lonewolf said:
I'm sure Gaskill knows better than to paint it. We are probably looking at clear coat. That thing is done.
Haha, there is a clear coat on there. This paint job is what i call the "Underwear" To visualize the final outcome, i usually hit a project in paint that flows in the direction that i'm going. Think of it as a primed hot rod sitting in the barn, waiting for that heavy coat of tractor paint. I'm glad to hear the good vibes on this build. The Little Ghost, is a summary of all of my other creations. Things that fell short in other projects are coming together in this build. I've been drawing this bike for the past year, and luckily is actually coming out like my sketches.

Well, I may not be a builder -yet, but I know what cool is. I also know what an overworked drawing is. I think it would be a mistake to do much else to it.

Drawing a thick black line around the Mona Lisa wouldn't improve it, neither would subduing your great artistic handiwork behind a veil of black paint. Man, I know art. If you paint it, it will be "less", as a result.

With all due respect, I love your work.

Maybe you could create a stain with pigment and reducer and then wipe it on like shoe polish. This way you can retain the metallic nature of the finish, yet bring it down a little ( darker in the seams and such). Maybe an irregular candy brown look, with exposed "highs".

Added my stacks today, they've been sitting in the shop too long. I'm pretty happy how they look on her.
DSC07551.jpg

DSC07555.jpg

DSC07549.jpg

DSC07554.jpg

I'm guessing intake, not smoke. :|
Lonewolf said:
Drawing a thick black line around the Mona Lisa wouldn't improve it...
Pshaw, the Mona Lisa's an unridable chunk of wood. :p THIS is art.

ace-motorcycles-xp-3-experimental-replica.jpeg

DSC05711.jpg

Back