gender reassignment BACK FROM THE DEAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: gender reassignment ALMOST FINISHED

Boardtrack fan said:
I have been trying to get wheels, tires and grips from Felt for literally 2 YEARS! My local bike shop says things are on back order and the other day they just told me to forget about it. I contact felt wondering if its the local rep that is the problem but they blame the bike shop. I have tried two shops with no luck at either so I'm blaming Felt. If you are not going to sell parts then don't advertise them on your web site.
I went to my local felt dealer and had the same problem, had no luck on ebay, got lucky with Curtis and got his last set. Shoot him an e-mail, he's a heck of a guy and might possibly be able to help out.

Japsel said:
I love this bike!
Especially the bars, what are they?
I'm not sure of a name brand, but they're called clubman bars. Got them from Chaingang lowrider.

I bet you guys could get some nice troy lee felts...
camera-gate292.jpg

camera-gate287.jpg

Thanks again boardtrack fan

ive also been waiting now for around 2-3 months for my sets of them and nothing yet. back order apparently.
that bike has come looking amazing, the tanks look perfect...but that color really thru me back! i was in shock for a
while until i read the post properly. thank god!
should look really nice with the color scheme you have planned,

Cool bike, I was thinking of using a set of those bars too.
Do you have any pictures of he bike from the front?

After a long time of procrastination, I've got the bike completely dissasembled and ready for paint. I'm going to go down the automotive paint route for a good, durable finish. I'm to the point where I'm comfortable with pinstriping, the main tank will say "Lightning Flyer" and tank will be two toned. Sorry guys, the gender reassignment name is no more. Pictures are soon to come....

Re: gender reassignment R.I.P.

Decided to call it quits, everything is for sale.

Yes, it is back! Well, what's left of it :roll: I plan on getting this thing back together but on a smaller budget this time. Probably keep my original plans of bland yellow with green wheels but all of the parts will be different (whatever I can scrounge up) Wish me luck.

bikes047-2.jpg

Luckily I had an old pair of hubs, and a new pair of rims and brand new spokes sitting in my parts pile. I've changed my color scheme to royal blue, everything is going to be blue, very little chrome, maybe creme felts again. Here's a sneak pic of the color. Bike is going to be named (you guessed it!) The Royal Blue.

bikes-13.jpg

bikes-14.jpg

Here is a crude idea of what I want to do. I have no idea what dimensions these motors really are (250cc Lifan) so I took a guess. The bottom tube will be redone with a motor mount along with a mount on the seat tube and lower top tube. I just need to save for the motor first. I have a strange feeling this engine will rip apart a bicycle frame though. :shock: It's all just a fun dream as of now anyways.
pinkframe.jpg

holy crap.... that would be intense!

Oh baby!...I can't WAIT to see this one done! 8)

Back