GoodYear 56?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have officially joined the Rat Pack . This is my first bike that is worthy of keeping it as a Rat and I can apply the great knowledge I have gained here on RRB . Thank you Rat Rod . It is believed to be a 1956 GoodYear High Way Patrol ? The Bendix wheels and sprocket seem to be in good shape but the fork seems different , but not bent . The head badge is near perfect and I love the patina . It's unfortunate but it has to step back to the end line and boy that line keeps growing . Is it too early to start talking about next year's build off ?
Goodyear bike.jpg
gy wheels.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky! You have the wheels and nice original paint. The fork is evenly bent on both legs. If I had the tools to do some fabrication, I would make some brackets and incorporate a homemade springer using the fork just as it is. Something like this or use some preexisting springer parts:
upload_2019-6-28_7-30-17.jpeg

I agree with A.S.BOLTNUT, that's a Columbia built bike. Chain wheel too! The year should be easy to check. The serial number is probably on the left rear dropout, a 56 bike should be:
1956 -- C5001 - C105020

Lucky! You have the wheels and nice original paint. The fork is evenly bent on both legs. If I had the tools to do some fabrication, I would make some brackets and incorporate a homemade springer using the fork just as it is. Something like this or use some preexisting springer parts:
View attachment 98717

I agree with A.S.BOLTNUT, that's a Columbia built bike. Chain wheel too! The year should be easy to check. The serial number is probably on the left rear dropout, a 56 bike should be:
1956 -- C5001 - C105020
Thank You Wildcat . I've been searching all over the web trying to identify the fork . Now I feel silly , what do you expect from a rookie Rat owner ?:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back