UNLIMITED Hackarosa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a beautiful neighborhood. I can’t imagine trying to ride up that hill on a 110 lb sidehack bike with a couple of kids riding along. Very cool bike though. Should be really fun!

That is a beautiful neighborhood. I can’t imagine trying to ride up that hill on a 110 lb sidehack bike with a couple of kids riding along. Very cool bike though. Should be really fun!
Maybe I can get those kids to push the bike back up the hill. They always are asking donations to support their basketball league or school project. I could make up a harness of some kind so they all could pitch in.

I thought I would get a lot done, but it's already 10am and I have little to show for 3 hours. I did get a test drive in but that just added more work. The bike leans out way too much. I thought I was going to fall over. The weight of the sidecar prevented that. So I modified the brace to level it up. I'll need to make it stronger once I have it at the right angle. I did a little sanding on the bike and that was it for now.

The brace was supposed to be flush with the bar, but the welder had a better idea. It moved the angle of the bike outward. I wanted the webbing cut out but the wife and him couldn't figure it out.
23 Jul b.jpg

I cut out a piece of the brace to tilt it inward. Now I need a bar across to secure it.
23 Jul a.jpg

Back