UNLIMITED LumberJacked

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your oil / petroleum jelly technique! I also really liked the black on the primer! Maybe you can sand away (with a white vinegar loaded #0000 steel wool or S.O.S. pad) some of the khaki green to bring those back up a bit. Be interesting to see how you incorporate the mustard into the mix.

RaT oN~!

I did some wiping off the oil and petroleum jelly then a little sanding and I'll try the #0000 to see what happens. The black is REALLY thin to let the red visually come thru. I am also Really liking how the petro jelly (with just a light dab from the tip of the bristles) mimics chips or other impacts.

As far as the mustard mix, I am still a little shy to implement. Time permitting, I'll find your and/or @The Renaissance Man BO thread for guidance.

Lookin’ groovy,baby, yeah!!

Cool. Thanx. I did some light sanding and I feel that it's actually looking kinda good for my 1st time.......

Be interesting to see how you incorporate the mustard into the mix.
OJ, I forgot to ask; do you apply the mustard mix to bare metal only? I do have a few locations where I have steel uncoated/unprotected.....

Back