Half Rear fender

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the fenders off of my my typhoon and made it look a little more custom. I have the fenders sitting around and was thinking the other day about cutting the fender down and having it end right before the top of the wheel. Anyone ever done this? opinions?

Done it with both painted and chrome. I prefer a bobbed fender on a custom. :mrgreen:

Cut short, cut flames, and cut louvers.

100_2813.jpg

To lazy to "cut" flames, just painted them.....BTW yoothgeye, that was one of my favorite builds.

008-14.jpg

KOTA said:
To lazy to "cut" flames, just painted them.....BTW yoothgeye, that was one of my favorite builds.

Thanks KOTA, I put a lot of time into that bike. Just went out to the shop and it has a flat tire. :(

thats a cool fender yooth. i missed that build. can you post a link?
looks really cool :D

Not nearly as cool as Justin's flame fender, but here are a couple I did.

This one is just chopped off and the brace was moved to the vertical position..

wfhr24.jpg

wfhr22.jpg

Here is one I cut to a point on my RRBBO7 bike....

hhhiggins_5.jpg

fenders are the 2nd thing to get removed and thrown away on any bike i've ever owned since i was maybe 10 years old :roll:
1st would be reflectors and 3rd would be the chaingaurd :lol:
but for fun (and aesthetics)i purposely put a bobbed fender on my '47 columbia.
spun it forward,drilled a new hole for the lower mount and notched out a section for the chain.
000_0022.jpg

Ok awesome thank u guys for the replies. cool pics, cool ideas! I guess my original idea isn't so original after all. I'm hoping to do this without the fender braces tho, and just mount it to the little brace between the main frame bars

junknutz1975 said:
yoothgeye said:
junknutz1975 said:
thats a cool fender yooth. i missed that build. can you post a link?
looks really cool :D

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39623
thanks dude!
great thread and even greater build!
very funny and educational :lol:
a must read for all newbies!

Haha, it might be "advanced reading"... I get a little long winded.

Back