Hi. . . from Se Pa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just wanted to drop an intro on you guys as I have been lurking around here for the past few months. I live in South East Pennsylvania and I have a 26 inch JC Higgins Balloon rat that I built the end of this past summer from cast off parts from an old bike store I have been helping a friend clear out. I am also a member of the HAMB as I am in to hot rods and kustom cars as well. I see there are a few HAMB'ers over here as well. I really like the old balloon bikes and I am hoping to gather more info and share what I know.
-Fryguy

Higginsrat.jpg

cool i know some guys over on the HAMB and i love the patina on your bike its AWSOME 8) WELCOME!!!

Welcome, Nice bike. So you are helping someone clearing out an old bike shop?

Hello from central Jersey,....nice bike.

You are in a great location for custom bikes, there are some active riders all around you in PA and NJ and some great builders artists too. Hamb'ers are more than welcome as far as I know.

Welcome !!! :) I lurk around over at the H.A.M.B. but have nothing to really contribute over there, maybe if I ever drag home a 48-50 F1 or a panel wagon to show off I would. :lol: Until then I'll just stick with the bikes.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I really like the old bikes. You can really let you imagination shine through. Its an inexpensive hobby to get into thats very rewarding.

CCR, with the economy these days, you can pick up a hot rod project fairly cheap, Lot of early Ford F1 trucks out there. Don't know about the panel truck though, they may be a scarce vehicle to find.

Yes, my buddy is helping an older gentleman clean out an old bike shop that has been closed for 20 years or so. Unfortunately all of the old schwinn stuff was sold off before he got there. Lots of odds and ends, few frames and hard parts. A lot of ten speed parts but still theres still quite a few ballon bike parts, chrome aftermarket fenders, pedals, tons of new front hubs and wheels. Boxes of unopened Bendix rear hubs. Tons of brand new Torrington spokes as well as a few Diamond chains. Theres some Sturmey Archer english stuff as well

I'll post some adds of some of the stuff he's selling. Feel free to PM me with any thing you may be looking for

Paul

Thanks Jen, your a fellow HAMB'er. I'm in Aces and Eights with Jerry L and George and Scott Jr. Dave Walter was but left for the Gasket goons. Having a new RUmble at the Canal on Oct 15, 2011 at the Mont Clare Canal. Hope you can make it.

Fryguy

fryguy said:
Thanks Jen, your a fellow HAMB'er. I'm in Aces and Eights with Jerry L and George and Scott Jr. Dave Walter was but left for the Gasket goons. Having a new RUmble at the Canal on Oct 15, 2011 at the Mont Clare Canal. Hope you can make it.

Fryguy
yup im a fellow hamb'er , whats ur name? seemsl iek alot of the aces and eights went to the goons pa chapter, im close with the nj chapter , oct 15th sounds good since the drags are usually the weekend before , wish u guys luck with the goons , theres going to be some bicycle events ill keep you in mind for them

Back