His and Her's Dyno' Deuces+Van Show+Excersizer Bones

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I Live in Portland OR. A woman in Astoria OR (GOONIES!) advertised these on CL for $75 for both. She said she would drive them to ME for 20 more bucks. Her car skids to a stop this morning at my house and her husband jumps out and YELLS, ;THIS IS NOW HOW I WANTED TO SPEND MY SUNDAY!" He proceeds to throw me a bag of parts and says. "I hope you can put together bikes!" And he speed unloads everything and is OUT! NASCAR pit kinda speeds here. I text her 20 minutes later and offered to mail her 20 more bucks because that ride must have been heck...she just said, Enjoy the bikes! The Van stuff is from a show of early vans, ECONO-Northwest Show. Some of you may have noticed my Econo Bike Transport in the back ground of a lot of my posts. I love that van so very much.

The Moon eyes are the only ones I would have ever considered buying. I love those. These just fell into my lap at the right price. I do like them more now that i see that there is some quality parts and building designed in these bikes but factory flames and striping kinda turn me off. Moon Eyes Bike tho ALL DAY!

Love the Econolines! I have a '65 Mercury Econoline Supervan that has 105,000 original miles on it and a custom pop-top that was put on in the 70's. Wish there were more around here, but I guess that's what makes mine unique. :D

My first, second and third vehicles were all Econoline Vans. Back in those days (1971 for the first) a van was still basically a truck so they were cheap. My first was an old Electrician's Van - 1965 - and had 59,000 original miles on it for $500. While I still had that one I bought a '63 window van at an auction for $40 that I used for parts and then sold for $50. I can remember as a kid going to a Ford Dealership with my family and looking at those cool passenger vans that had the step that came out from underneath when you opened the side doors. Eventually I picked up a '61 and ran it till the motor mounts rusted out - Upstate NY salt. I always wanted an Econoline Pickup and a van that had side doors on both sides - I only saw one once. I love those old Ford vans - they handled more like a car than a truck. The engine was a pain to work on but it was a piece of cake in the winter starting her up with Starter Fluid with the engine sitting right beside you. I miss the total manual days - I now have an Astro w/ electric windows I can't open. The manual choke made life so much easier. If I was independently wealthy I too would have a huge pole barn w/ a fantastic car collection, but a 60s Econoline Van would be the first to greet you as you walk in the door. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!. Robert

I'm glad it brought back some good memories! I found out mine has done time at a power plant and was a Zenith Electric repair truck. Then someone built in cabinets and a bed/table and made it a partymobile! I expect my next vehicle will be a Econo Truck. Thanks for the reply! If you have any photos of yours throw'em up!

Funny stuff, my wife has ripped off the same line as that disgruntled husband at me before for similar reasons! :lol:

Latest posts

Back