homemade sissy bars?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
go on bike rod and custom and check out the progression of the custom muscle bike. i think around 65 66 they show a ton of goofy tall sissy bars. take your pick :D

Buddy of mine used a pipe bender :wink: It's not chromed or painted, it is just like you would find it off the shelf except that I steel wooled it to get the writing off :)

OK man .. I'm goin for it! I can always weld it together at the top if I cant bend that small of a radius.. how did u smash the mounting spots? I wanna have a plan before I jump in... :roll:

scrumblero said:
OK man .. I'm goin for it! I can always weld it together at the top if I cant bend that small of a radius.. how did u smash the mounting spots? I wanna have a plan before I jump in... :roll:
Oh yeah, hammer for where it goes on the seat and a vice at the bottom :wink:

Wow! It's looking good. Really tall. Or is that just the picture?

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Made out of electrical conduit pipe :wink:
0038l.jpg

That's a really nice looking StingRay. Did you make that? When I was a kid my brother and I got new StingRays for Christmas 1966. We knew we were getting them and my dad asked what color we wanted. I wanted black. Sorry, no black StingRays. Whaaaaaa! I got coppertone and my brother got blue. When I outgrew the StingRay I bought a black Deluxe Typhoon. Black Schwinns and black Chevy trucks do it for me. Gary

THANKS for the picture, scrumblero! Your "wood clamp/bike holder" is right up my alley! I know what I'm making this morning! My garage is too crowded for a stand, but being a furniture guy, these are items that are in there already. Oh yea, The sissy bar turned out pretty cool, too! :D

Thanks guys! Graylock has it, cept I wasnt smart enough to leave the little bit between them.I just hacked em off with the chop saw..... :p

and Robeast, the clamp thingy is workin great, so far I have ZERO spots to touch up on the paint on this build... that might be a first !!!! :lol: :lol:

Back