TRADITIONAL Hops and Gnarly

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Regretstoration. It reminds me of when I worked at Unique Motorcars helping develop jigs and molds for a new kit car, we had the term 'F&R Department'. It was a little different meaning but similar. It wasn't about restoration but it did come with regrets.

F&R was a substitute for R&D (research and development) which meant 'F-up and Re-do'. :21:

The Hopalong Cassidy bike came with these cool 'Longhorn' handlebars.

IMG_7745.JPG

I'm not sure if they were exclusive to the bike or if any other bikes used them, but they certainly fit perfectly with the cowboy theme!

IMG_7743.JPG

IMG_7744.JPG

I can just imagine a kid pretending to be riding on the back of a Texas Longhorn Steer!

s-l1200.jpg

Never heard of those before. The Torrington longhorns that I've seen have always wider than normal cross-braced bars, but those truly fit the moniker much better. Those must have been re-chromed in that condition. Are you going work some aging back on them?

There are several pieces that have been re-chromed. For now, I'm not messing with it. I will let the owner make the final decision on the direction that I go with the chrome. This project will most likely go beyond the deadline of the build-off so some of the details like that will have to come later.

There are only a couple more weeks left in the build-off but I have a plan to have it ready to ride and photograph for the competition and then blow it apart again to finish it to the owner's liking.

Back