Hot Rod Style Huffy Cranbrook

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first cruiser and it's not an impressive frame up build like I have seen on this site so if this is the wrong forum I apologize.

Anyway, here's we go. I was recently introduced to custom cruiser and RatRodBikes.com. I decided I wanted one and planned on putting together a black bike with red wheels and white walls. Walking through Wal-Mart the other day I see this.

For $88 it was close enough so I took it home. So far it's been a blast riding it with my little girl. I would like to customize some and have been learning a lot from this site. I would really like a lay back seat post. I have seen some but would like recommendations on one that can support a 300 lb. rider.

The first recommendation is to take that bike apart and put it back together properly. Wal bikes are known to be improperly assembled and lacking grease in the bearings. Hopefully yours is the exception! Good luck!

Lovely looking bike. Probably a good idea put forward by The Renaissance Man too. Plus it familiarises you with the bike.

Living here in the U.K. it makes me well jealous that you guys can pick up nice bikes so cheaply. Here you would be lucky to find something along those lines for twice the price you have paid!!

Interested in which lay back post you use too as I'm looking for one for my build also, and I too am a very heavy rider!!

Thanks for the seat post info, advice, and encouragement.

I haven't seen this color scheme before except at my local Wally World and couldn't find it online. It saved me several steps in the customization process.

I'm a step ahead of a few of you guys. I had them get me an unassembled bike still in the box so I could make sure it went together right.

I first saw your color scheme Cranbrook late last year at the east side Evansville, Indiana Walmart. Our local store just got one this month. Odd they haven't added them online yet but the ways of Wallyworld are a mystery. Our store has rolled the Cranbrooks back to $88 as well but online they're still $99.97. That $88 rollback is $3 higher than last years rollback.

Still see a lot of the gold and black colored ones at the stores around here as well.

I did my first modifications to the bike. Removed most of the decals and added some dice valve caps. I like the chain guard one. I might take it off later and paint some scallops or something there.

After that I got to thinking that I would need a cup holder for camping at Talladega. I looked online and didn't see any I liked so I made one out of a reflector mount and an old koozie.

Back