How did you come up with your AVATAR ? And Screen Name ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah the british and australian vws are RHD we have a few over here in cali :mrgreen:

my name is just what it says edbuildsratsinthe509 my name is eddie and i build rats in the 509 area! as for the avater pic as soon as i can figure it out it'll be this one of my bike

oregon_bicycle_show-028-1-1.jpg

and that pic was taken by a geantlemen @ the OHBS with his i-phone. later i come to find out that my bike is on his website!!! http://www.vendettacycles.com/vendettac ... enings.htm i got ahold of him told him who i was and that the bike was mine and he ended up sending me a copie of the pic i was purdy siked when i found out it was on their site. if you go to it click on my bike and it'll take you to OHBS and you can see all the coool bike @ that show!!! outstanding bike there.

well thats me

My avatar is a David Perry photograph. His work is exceptional. His subject matter is inspirational and bleeds cool. My name I ahave had since I signed up for ebay many moons ago. my wife was yelling at me when I was trying to think up a screen name and I kepy yelling "yeshoney!, Yeshoney!," and it stuck. It seems once you get a name it is hard to shed it no matter what you do. I tried twice, but ended up coming back to this one because everyone knew me by it.

Joe

My avatar is a pic of my current ride(my favorite ride, so far) in front of my garage. I used to live in Florida, and my name is Rob, but there were too many Robs, so I just went with Rob east, and somewhere along the line they just got ran together.

I use a photo from a photography show I did back in July. I photographed all types of people & their bicycles in my part of the world ( Long Beach NY). I called the show "LOCAL MOTION" Sic Nick of Local Cycles Long Beach NY was kind enough to lend me his bike shop to display the photos I took. Some of those photos are still hanging in his shop. My avatar is a photo of an old Schwinn Cruiser I found in the garbage & fixed up. Since then, that bike has been totally taken apart. Sic Nick & I are in the process of customizing that same "Garbage can cruiser" Can't wait for it to be done.

I chose my avatar as a tribute to my dad. He worked for Flying "A" gas when it was still in business and the mascott was Axelrod the bassethound dog. He would help me fix "junk" bikes when I was a kid and got me started on anything hotrod whether it has 2,3,or 4 wheels

B607 said:
My AVATAR is a pic of my '50 Schwinn B607. It's also where I got my forum name. Gary
DSC04149.jpg

Gary that is one of the nicest b-6 schwinns i've seen ! yeshoney ,good story :lol:

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
yeah a superbee has the same front end right !
naw, a 70' superbee looks like this:http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1970-1979/1970-Dodge-Super-Bee-red-2.jpg

Mine is a pic I took of something I have hanging in my garage. It's a rusty old home made Model A shaped firewall that someone left at a car swap meet. I took it home, and bolted my Western Exterminator guy to it, and he's looking down at a black plastic rat. Local folklore says Von Dutch's dad designed the guy for the company it the 30s or 40s, but officially it has been credited to a graphic artist for the local phone book of the day. The company has these guys mounted to the back of their trucks to this day. I bought the exterminator guy at a yard sale years ago. It's kind of a lowbrow art thing here in SoCal. ALL of my friends want it!

Mine is a picture of the first skull I made from metal. Unfortunatley I sold this piece for a ridiculous amount and have regretted it ever since. The guy turned out to be a real a-hole after that and we are no longer friends. I made it from rusty metal so hopefully it has continued to turn into a pile of dust.

Ratfink1962 said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Also I can't remember ever seeing a bug with right hand drive. I think it's a photoshop. I found it on yahoo images.

Ive seen one before, a local scrapyard had a 54 RHD that was mostly complete, I think at the time (1985?) he wanted $2k for it which I thought was way too much so I let it go. it sat there for a couple of years before he finally sold it. Apparently it was an european version complete with semaphores.
:shock: That would be a gem today, but considering I was born in 1985 that's been a few years back. Wonder where it is now.

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Spokeshave said:
Mine is Benny Hill. Huge fan.

so how did you get spokeshave ?

My boss gave me a spokeshave which is like a draw knife plane thing when I was making furniture for him 25+ years ago.
The spokeshave popped into my head when I was thinking up a name for here and so it goes.

outskirtscustoms said:
Also I can't remember ever seeing a bug with right hand drive. I think it's a photoshop. I found it on yahoo images.

When I was about 9 years old the old man was in the Navy. He and his fellow sailors would get shipped out from time to time. Friends of his would call on mom to drive their cars while they were gone to keep them in running order. One man had a European VW with the steering wheel on the other side. I still remember the looks I got from other motorists when they pulled up beside us and I was in the "drivers seat"...PRETTY FUNNY!

My avatar? The first bike I breathed new life into, the one my wife rides now is a 1955 Columbia Built "Three Star DeLuxe"....I had to think of SOME username.

Mine is the front end of my Ninja 250R. My wife bought it for me as a restoration project for Christmas 2 years ago. (what a great woman! she did this in spite of the time she spent pushing me around in a wheelchair from a motorcycle crash) 2 years before that I was in a seemingly minor crash on another persons motorcycle that left me with a shattered knee and 2 broken ribs. It represents a personal resurrection for me to be able to ride again without fear. It makes up for the 3 bikes that I sold after the accident... I would have kept them but they all have kickstarters!

Latest posts

Back