How did you come up with your AVATAR ? And Screen Name ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 'ol man always called me a Goober, when I was being one...I do the same to my boys as well. Big "Andy Griffith Show" fan too. They don't make TV shows like that anymore....too bad. Oh, and Merrick is my Grandad's name...coolest guy in my world.

My brother bought a Chief and I started stretching old bike frames to match his, before I joined. My brother posted the pictures and by the time I got here they had already come up with the name Uncle Stretch , and Steve came up with the avatar because I did't have one. :lol:

I have a thirst for Summit Extra Pale Ale that cannot be quenched! :mrgreen:
summit.jpg

Being a po' boy with (struggling/old skool/3rd world) parents I grew up with Huffy's & AMF's while the well off families blessed their kid's with Schwinn's, GT's etc. I was still just as hyped as the next kid though. Sometimes I'd steal bikes too :| But now I earn every single thing I possess. Also too kickin' it with old greasers influenced me big time. Hence I like crusty badd a** LQQking rodz. I was never a (shiny/happy) guy LOL. So "61rustrat" fit my rat b*stard persona LOL, hence I try to stretch that dollar & style like a m*therf*cker LOL.

Happy 2011 to all!
8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:

Ah, I remember the day it all started.....
It's a picture of me on my 9th birthday (1982) when my Pop surprised me with a Schwinn Stingray featuring a fat rear slick, little front wheel (which was replaced a day or two later with a small drum brake front) and a killer 70's style multicolor silver with burgundy, reds oranges and yellow fades paint job featuring my name painted down the top tube. Unfortunately the bike was stolen a week later when someone actually broke into his shop and stole only the bike. He owned and operated a custom auto body shop so plenty of people had seen the bike but strangely even then the bike was worth much less than other stuff in the shop. The photo was taken in very early 1980's and I have been tearing apart bikes, customizing and riding till my legs go numb. Thanks DAD! :mrgreen:

I was a big fan of underground comix during my rebellious youth in the 70's. Now, in my rebellious middle age :wink: Robert Armstrong's, "Mickey Rat" seemed to be the perfect choice. He'll show up some where on my 1st project here.

My avatar is a pic of me while I was messing around with the camera on my iMac.
My user name is more related to my woodturning hobby. When I turn I try to stay away from just doing art pieces and try to make useful items that are aesthetically pleasing as well. Fun but messy hobby.

<---- my son playing around after bath time....

or if its halloween ill toss up lucy...
lucy.jpg

was going to use this as mine but when its shrunk down its illegible(still need to get my hambploma!)
Barrisfree.jpg

I decided to swap mine again the camber on the other bug was getting to me. This is way better...If only they would put this into production.

vwbeetlebybackope2.jpg

I believe I was reading the story of Don Quixote at the time I got my bike.
My avatar is don quixote riding a motorcycle I believe.
My name is DonQui....cus of the book.
I wanted to make my bike to look like old armor from the midevil times...cus of the book. (Haven't got around to building it yet) just a rider.
I refer to my bike as Dulcinea in the book she's an imaginary beautiful prostitute in don quixotes mind, who he loves.

mines a cropped shot of the "bike-el-angelo" on the seat tube of my old-school 20" schwinn crate
I still own and ride this bike :mrgreen:
me and this bike go WAAAAAYYY back 8)
Bikes015.jpg

Back