i need help super bad asap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need to find the serial numbers for a 1953 schwinn bf goodrich. i only need a rough idea of what it is( first letter i think it is)

my bike got stolen last month and ended up on craigslist. im going to the guys house after work. i just need the number to prove that i know the year and make of it...

any help would be appreciated

heres the bike

i do.
stock
just after i stretched it
and completed

on one of the printed pictures, it has my name and the date that i uploaded it to imageshack 2/8/09

Better to just go to the cops. Gonna be tough to prove to the guy who stole it. Plus your personal well being is more important than a bike.

cant help with the serial number but it looks like that bikes had the chains stays lengthened possibly, i dont recall that much space between the seat tube and rear wheel on a stock schwinn. good luck

edit** nevermind :wink: Go Get Em !!!

here are the numbers i did find, but i dont know if they pertain to the bf goodrich models

H60001 - H99999
J00001 - J99999
K00001 - K99999
A00001 - A99999
B00001 - B99999
C00001 - C99999
D00001 - D20266

Definately get some advice from the cops. The pics you have are proof of ownership. Just going over by yourself could be a problem if they sell stolen stuff on a regular basis. It's probably some kid trying to make a quick buck though, but you never know.

I've never seen any of my bikes that were stolen. Not one.

Let us know how it turns out.

And the number is on the left rear dropout, one letter followed by 5 digits. My 53 Schwinn starts with a K.

Later models used 6 digits. I'll bet the thief doesn't even know where the serial number is, much less how many digits.

Isn't this the same bike that member "WOLF pinstriping" built a while back?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6168&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

bigbadbeach003.jpg

Good luck, I hope it goes well.

The person posting your bike on Craigslist may or may not have been the one who actually stole it. Either way, it's illegal to receive stolen property, so I believe you'll get it back. You may want to contact the police though.

Best of luck,

got it back with no trouble at all.

the guy had got it from his friend whom he thinks got it from another guy. we just explained that i built it, and that it was stolen. he just told us to take it :) super nice guy. very legit. and to top it all off, he was wearing a hat from this site :)

Back