Identification- Its a 5 speed muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pepper said:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

preloaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok
The three screws that hold the clamp side of the shifter onto the bar are rusted bad. If I were to soak the sucker in a vinegar/water solution would I be able to penetrate the rust enough for screw removal?

Jaxon said:
Hi David,
From what I can tell it is a Murray made Otasco Badged. M07 = 1967 X6 = Flying O Otasco Oklahoma Tire And Supply Company

The 5 speed stick shift was a Schwinn along with the banana seat.. oh well, welcome to world of old bikes lol!
Thanks man.

Otasco
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search For the rock band, see Otasco (band). Otasco (Oklahoma Tire and Supply Company) was a retail chain specializing in auto parts and appliances based in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
It was first established in 1918 by three Jewish Lithuanian immigrant brothers, Sam (1898–1939), Maurice (1891–1970), and Herman (1889–1971) Sanditen, who opened the first Otasco store in Okmulgee. The company moved its headquarters to Tulsa in 1925. In 1960, the McCrory Corporation bought the company. In 1968, the chain had 455 units in 12 states. In 1984, the firm's employees bought the company from McCrory, creating one of the largest employee-owned companies in America.[1] In 1988, the retail chain filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy which resulted in the closing of 170 stores across 11 states and the loss of 1,600 jobs.[2]
As of 2008, an Otasco was still apparently operating in Beaver, Oklahoma.[3] Borger, Texas, also has a store operating under the Otasco name in 2009. [4]
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otasco"Categories: Defunct retail companies of the United States | Defunct discount stores of the United States | History of Tulsa, Oklahoma

Great job decoding Jaxon. The 280 number means it was a boys F5 Eliminator Mark I 5 speed also Would have had a Huret/Alvit derailluer and Huret stickshift.

30thtbird said:
Great job decoding Jaxon. The 280 number means it was a boys F5 Eliminator Mark I 5 speed also Would have had a Huret/Alvit derailluer and Huret stickshift.
Thanks I just went and found the post on musclebikeforums and found the codes there. Thanks to you guys.!!

Back