BO15 ITZARAT - 1928 Schwinn Motorbike (WALK-AROUND + RIDE VIDEO!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Built one in 2013 with the shifter on the lower bar might save you from catching some appendages on it if you gotta make a quick stop

Agreed, I placed it on the bottom bar, no contact at full lock in 1st gear. Appendages might be safer now, albeit less of a Rat Fink shifter sticking out of the roof effect...

IMG_2536.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @toro1978, I have always been a fan of the early teens/20's bicycles and motorcycles... the simple yet effective geometry of the double-diamond frames, truss rods welded to the forks and the long-spring saddles. This will be my first with 28" wheels, and I have a feeling it is going to ride well!
Forgive me with my lack of familiarities with those on this site; I looked for your entry this year but did not see, are you in it?

Mail day... a little convex mirror with about a 6 inch focal point will help focus either an LED flame/flicker bulb or a 3" diameter LED halo ring bulb. Or both.

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

Forgive me with my lack of familiarities with those on this site; I looked for your entry this year but did not see, are you in it?

Yes, I am in it, my build is called Carcass, in Class 1. It is somewhere on page two or three, because I haven't been updating in a while, having been working on other builds.

A slick little 12v-24v LED halo ring light came in the mail this morning... I propped it inside the Lucas carbide lamp and ran a heat test and checked light output shortly after. Light is nice and bright at 11.3 (output of Li-Po battery) and after an hour running static on the table (with no breeze from riding), the main housing is holding at around 75 degrees. Happy with that, I thought I might need to put a micro fan inside, but no.

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

A slick little 12v-24v LED halo ring light came in the mail this morning... I propped it inside the Lucas carbide lamp and ran a heat test and checked light output shortly after. Light is nice and bright at 11.3 (output of Li-Po battery) and after an hour running static on the table (with no breeze from riding), the main housing is holding at around 75 degrees. Happy with that, I thought I might need to put a micro fan inside, but no.

View attachment 126777
View attachment 126778
View attachment 126779
Could you provide a part number, I would like to do the same thing with my Pope.

Way cool light!
That has to be the most technically tested light conversion ever on RRB. :D

My 12v LED motorcycle tail light came today, gonna put it on top of the fender after applying 20 years of rust, the finish looks very close to nickel...

Wiring test includes the tail and headlight LEDs.

After dreaming about putting LEDs in the jewel grips for years, I will test them out here. Will drill a hole (Autocycle-style) at the bottom of the bars near the gooseneck for some cloth-covered wiring. I am quite sure this has been done before, though I haven't seen it.

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

:cool2::cool2::cool2:
I have to remember to wear shades to your thread next time!
Looking great!

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back