July Events in CT: Custom Bikes & Fireworks Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCTVWguy

Rollin' on 20's
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
New England Rat Rodders listen up! We're scheduling 2 events that will be a lot of fun along the shore this summer in New London, Connecticut.

First up:

Bike New London is hosting a Bike Valet service at Sailfest this year. We ran this last year, keeping your bike safe from the crowd while you eat, drink, and enjoy the shops and entertainment of New London's Sailfest.

sailfest09bike7.jpg

This is Saturday July 10th from 12noon to 9PM. The night ends with a Fireworks Ride- we pack up the Valet tent at 9PM, and head out for a ride this little spot I know along the waterfront... even though 300,000 people are in town to see the fireworks over the river, I always get a great location because I can get there quick on 2 wheels.

sailfest09ft28.jpg

Call me to join the ride. The city streets will be closed except to bicycle and pedestrian traffic after 5pm. Most people ride from my house to the start of the ride. Headlights, reflectors, cameras and a basket full of beer are recommended!

Next up: Saturday, July 31st, 2010: Bike New London presents the 2nd annual BIKE FEST NEW LONDON.

bikefestnl25.jpg

This event will feature events and giveaways for kids, free helmets, a bike repair and tuneup workshop, prizes, food, the introduction of our Bike Share program, and a Custom Bike Show!

bikeshare5.jpg

Here's where you guys come in: We need as many bikes as possible for the show, being held on an elevated stage on the waterfront. Entry is free - enter as many bikes as you like for this new event. Fill out an entry form to tell visitors about your bike, and enjoy the day!

Bike Fest New London runs from 12-3PM on Saturday July 31st, 2010. It's held on New London's Waterfront Park. The nearest street address is the intersection of State St. and South Water St. in New London, CT 06320. Parking is available on street nearby or in the municipal parking lots along Golden St.

bikefestnl6.jpg

Come down and enjoy a relaxing summerday by the water and then join us for a group ride at the end.

All types of bikes and riders of all abilities are welcome.

Contact Bike New London at [email protected] or (860) 912 6882.

--Rob

Rob, I marked my calender and dates are getting filled and over booked.
I'd like to get in the Custom Bike Show, can I drop off bikes during the week,
Leave with you and pick up later on ?

Yes, this will work.. Anyone who would like to drop off a bike for the Custom Bike show, I will bring the bikes down in my van. It's better of course if you can be there but this will let you get your creations on display.

If you do this, I need you to fill out an entry form for the show.

As always call or email any questions!

--Rob

Stevil said:
Rob, I marked my calender and dates are getting filled and over booked.
I'd like to get in the Custom Bike Show, can I drop off bikes during the week,
Leave with you and pick up later on ?

Update on Sailfest Fireworks ride July 10th, 2010:

Saturday, all day, our volunteers will be hosting a Bike Valet service at the annual Sailfest.

Our Valet service allows you to ride to the festivities, keep your bike in a safe place away from the crowds, and pick it up later in the day.

At 9PM, we will break down the tent and table, and get together for the Fireworks Ride!

sailfest09bike8.jpg

We will ride from Downtown to the Fort Trumbull waterfront, to one of the best spots ever to view the Thames River Fireworks. The ride is less than 10 min.

sailfest09ft12.jpg

sailfest09ft28.jpg

The fireworks are truly spectacular from this spot- even though thousands of people are in town for the event, not many ever find this stretch of waterfront. It's easy to get there by bicycle.

Bring a headlight and good reflective gear. Call me for details on where to park and get to the event!

(860) 912 6882 or email [email protected]

--Rob

Update on Custom Bike Show, Bike Fest New London Saturday July 31st:

Bikes can be dropped off to me any time this week. I will be working evening shift in the middle of the week but every day is fine.

Get your bike to me, I'll get it in the show.

ratracergarden17.jpg

The show is free, and runs from 12 noon to 3pm on July 31st. We have use of a stage area to display the bikes. There will be prizes and giveaways at the Bike Fest event.

68ok8261.jpg

Come down and get free helmets, safety info, bike shop tuneups...

67viocoll0515b.jpg

Bike New London invites everyone with an interest in bicycling to this event.

bikefestnl25.jpg

Group ride at end of show appropriate for riders of all ages, skill levels, and types of bikes.

cruiseride06098.jpg

Email [email protected] or call me at (860) 912 6882.
--Rob

THIS WEEKEND:

Get your bikes out for Bike New London's BIKEFEST!

Bring along all custom, chopper, rat rod, and vintage bikes for our Custom Bike Show!

12-3pm Saturday July 31st....

Get your bikes to me ahead of time if you can't make it! I will bring them down and place them in the show!

Bike Fest features tuneups by professionals from bike shops, giveaways, free helmets, safety demonstrations, a Historic New London Bike Ride, and of course the Bike Show!

It is a FREE event for the whole family- come down and check out Bike Fest New London!

Call me at (860) 912 6882 or email [email protected] to participate!

--Rob Bareiss
Chairman, Bike New London

Perfect weather predicted for this weekend! Come out and enjoy the show and go for a ride!

FROM http://WWW.NOAA.GOV:

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 61. Calm wind.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 77. North wind 6 to 8 mph becoming south.

--Rob

Latest posts

Back