just got this rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im trying to find out some info on this bike. it has atlantic city, nj bicycle license that expired on 6/30/77 on it. ive also been looking for a bike with a child seat like this. im new to old bikes. any info will be great. thanks,vinnie

l_bb5c3ee2809d41a09187a993bc49a4d6.jpg

nice find. id say mid to late 60's vintage by the general look and the painted wheels, as a general ballpark guestimation, approxlimation. this is the second child seat like that i have seen around her today. cool seat, but it needs at least a few safety belts and other "tweeks" to make it safe.

i've been into old bikes since i was 18 (and am 32 now) and it is a great thing to be into. i can't quite describe it in words, but when your feelin it, you don't need words. ride on vinny. :mrgreen:

nice find vinnie! im sure somebody will be able to help you find info out on it.

people like it when you post an intro first though. check out the intros thread on the board index! welcome aboard!

Easy E

Hey Vinnie,

I, too, have a Rollfast, but mine is a tandem. Just by the styling of yours and mine, I would guess that both are mid/late 60s to early 70s.

100_4439%20(Small).JPG

In addition, I also have a child seat like the one attached to your bike. Mine came attached to a Schwinn ladies bike and is blue in color to match the bike's paint. Not sure if your seat has a tag on the back, but mine does and it shows to be made in England. Your seat is the second seat that I've seen so far (including mine). I haven't been able to find much about the seat on the internet. I would consider it to be a rare item.

I would never let my 2.5 year old son ride in that seat. Just goes to show how little the safety standards were back in those days. As a kid, you better sit and hold on tight!

100_4428%20(Small).JPG

100_4426%20(Small).JPG

If you happen to locate more info about the Rollfast and the seat, please post it here.

Thanks.

looks alot like the girls hawthorne i just picked up for my wife the other day. we've got the exact same top tubes and everything else is very similar. will post picks soon, but it doesn't suprise me that your rollfast and my hawthorne look the same, seeing how hp snyder made them both. :wink:

THANKS. THIS SEAMS LIKE A GOOD FORUM. THE CHILD SEAT LOOKS LIKE YOU MIGHT GET HURT JUST TRYING TO SIT IN IT. MT NEIGHBORS GAVE ME THE BIKE AND A FEW OTHER ANTIQUES. THEY MOVED HERE FROM GERMANY AFTER WW2 ALOT OF THE STUFF THE HAVE IS PRE WAR. THEY HAVE A FEW AUTOMOBILES FROM THE 60'S THAT IM TRYING TO GET TOO
I ALSO HAVE A SCHWINN SPOILER THAT I NEED SOME PARTS FOR. THANKS AGAIN,VINNIE

Latest posts

Back