King Kobra

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PHAT!!!!

The Redline flight cranks arrived today. Colin is relocating the chain guard tabs on the frame to accommodate the chainring and welding up a rear offset cog with 32t, and should be done with that this week.

I'm going to start shopping around to get this graphic put on bronze/gold mylar for the chainring.
logo.png

My son completed his first class on using inkwell to create graphics for the laser cutter/engraver at Metric.CREATE:SPACE. My plan is to engrave the tank an image of Carol and his signature and fill it in with a gold leaf ink pen.

Carroll-Shelby1.jpg

877001-CARROL-SHELBY.jpg

I'm planning make epoxy dots of the older Cobra Logo for the tank bolt covers, but with a "K". They are a little bigger than ones I've done in the past but I think I can pull it off.
CrosleyShelbyCobra_700.jpg

I'm still a little torn about powdercoat -vs- paint for the frame. But I think a dark blue chrome powerdoat is probably where I'm going with this. I do wish I could preserve the dyno decal on the seat tube.

It is an inspiring piece of machinery...
953_main_f.jpg

This is gonna be Shelby-liscious!!!

the 26x3 flame works on the front, but I'm going to have to redo the front fender mount and it's TIGHT! The 66/32 chainring/cog setup will work well with the 3spd.

251981_4115178686638_1091217023_n.jpg

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

Angry bunnies... I'm going to run you over with my fat tires! You'll look cute with a flame pattern imprint. :D Graphics... graphics...

You know the shelby chili with bison was great... I bet it would work well with rabbit too!

LOL,

Roadkill_bunny_by_csgirl.jpg

Bike is getting powder coated. Three colors and clear... The owner is doing the shooting so I've got some delay due to vacations etc. It's absolutely fine if this cuts me out of the contest. It's all been for FUN from the start. Be back in a bit.

Sorry to see you drop out, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Have fun on the vacay.

Got "THE CALL" from the powder coat tonight. I'm going to go pick it up tomorrow. It was a FUN call, there was no mistaking how happy the guy calling was about how it came out.

Latest posts

Back