Kingfish254's Finds - Over Ten Years of Kingfish Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 11-12 Murray Fire Cat

Great score, I wouldn't mind finding one of those or a King Kat with everything except for the wheels so I could use my mag wheels on it.

kngtmat said:
Great score, I wouldn't mind finding one of those or a King Kat with everything except for the wheels so I could use my mag wheels on it.
There is a fire kat with king kat forks in the for sale section...$400 shipped

Exercise bike Iverson-like handlebars sold so that Jaxon can work some magic and create some Futura bars.

ross__7_b.jpg

Yeah I saw it but I would have to sell a few of my bikes to get it.

Dang that is a freaking sweet handlebar.

kngtmat said:

I sold that Fire Cat frame to Kingfish. If you are looking for a Murray chopper frame, forks & handlebars, and they don't have to be mint, I think I have one or two parts bikes I would be willing to part out for your project. If you are interested, I will check my stash. Here's a couple pictures of my collection of Murray built chopper bikes. Warning, may cause drooling. LOL
choppercollection0720123.jpg

choppercollection0720124.jpg

DROOOOLLL!!!!

I also have the curved back banana seat coming to me from this bike.

Ratbikes001_zpsf1ae71f1.jpg

:shock: 8) Those bikes are exactly one of the reasons why I love Murray bikes so much, thanks for the offer and I will have to remember that when I finally get rid of some things.

Re: Kingfish254's Finds 11-15 Jerald WhiteWall Slick

I have been looking for a Jerald Slick and was able to get this one from cman.
(SOLD)

jeraldIMAG0794.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 11-17 Flames and Rib Knife Handlebars

Picked up these two items for $4 total.

I got the kids bike for the flame wheel inserts. I figure they might work on the Fire Cat. I will probably re-use the seat on a flip. Once I took those items off, I put the bike in the lane for someone to pick up for a kid.
(SOLD butcher ribbing knife as handlebars)
(Used flame seat in Free Nexus 7 Un-Build)

WP_000758.jpg

WP_000759.jpg

WP_000763.jpg

WP_000762.jpg

The second item I bought because I thought it might work as unusual pistol grip handlebars. Turns out it is a rib knife that is used to slice the rib joints on a side of beef by butchers.

SOLD

WP_000761.jpg

WP_000760.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Kingfish254's Finds 11-17 Fire + Rib Knife Handlebars

kngtmat said:
Cool and creepy at the same time because the look of it.

I would remove the rusty blade if I used it.

That's really thinking outside the box using that as a set of handlebars, turned up or turned down would be cool!

Nice putting that bike out in the lane when you were finished too, you may have just given some little kid their Christmas present.

Cheers buddy,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
That's really thinking outside the box using that as a set of handlebars, turned up or turned down would be cool!

Nice putting that bike out in the lane when you were finished too, you may have just given some little kid their Christmas present.

Cheers buddy,
Dr. T

It just seems natural. They are pretty much the same scale as any other bullhorns out there.

I was thinking the same thing when I put it out there. The bike is in great shape, just a few less flames and no seat.

Well duh your going to take that part off :lol: , it would be cool for an airplane theme bike but if I had it I might use it for a future Knight Rider bike.

kngtmat said:
Well duh your going to take that part off :lol: , it would be cool for an airplane theme bike but if I had it I might use it for a future Knight Rider bike.

I could een mount some cap gun barrels on the grips. Build my version of a Hopalong Cassidy.

or Build a Kit bike with a moving LED strip up front.

That is what I would like to do as well of 8 leds on the front of a Onex 29er.

Those flame wheel inserts are cool. Kinda like the wacky wheels or fun wheel inserts. They are the Perfect touch for a fire kat bike.

Jaxon said:
Those flame wheel inserts are cool. Kinda like the wacky wheels or fun wheel inserts. They are the Perfect touch for a fire kat bike.

That's what I was thinking when I saw it in a CL yardsale ad.

Back