Knuckle Down

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cman said:
Digging the paint. I am guessing huge headlight with the battery tube mounted.
Thanks! I want to re-house a light in an old tin can or ????? what ever comes along.
I have an old but newer light that would work great as a re-housing canidate.

So I found a rather nice quilted seat...but it was ugly. So, I went ahead and riped the material off...and found what you see here under it.
I'm going to do a little modifing of it yet... :mrgreen:
I added my bell in front of the tank...which also got a fender brace wrapped around it for a cooler look.
I found these hdle bars and two others in the garage. I figure these have to go on something :lol:
I also mounted the 3 speed shifter down by the bottom bracket...more to do there :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :idea:
Had an old dirty pair of schwinn grips and cleaned them up good with an SOS pad. Worked great.
DSCF4034.jpg

Front brake is on...
Had to dime space it on the shoe...Getting there.
Found the stem bolt in the trunk of my car :oops: But I figured it was there...or somewhere :D
DSCF4037.jpg

DSCF4036.jpg

Another angle of the faux tank and bell
DSCF4035.jpg

deorman said:
You can close down an adjustable wrench on that shoe mount, and ever so gently bend it to parallel. Stick a rag on it if you're worried about the finish.
Thanks for the tip.
I'm digging the dime...a buddy of mine taught me this trick. I guess a lucky penny would be cool too, but I was shown the dime spacer.
A single washer at the hardware store would run me 14 cents... :lol:

looking good, although we'll have to work on your camera skills. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, it's coming along great with not having to buy or borrow from another bike any pieces yet for this build. Kinda makes me proud that I'm building something that was basicly laying around in the garage needing a little vision and guidence. (Besides the free frame my buddy Mark gave me.) This is what it's all about! I love these build challenges...plus I can clean out the garage too while looking for parts :lol:
I really love checking out the progress as well of the other builders...it's so fun to see how pumped people get over building a new ride.
Yeah... I've got a few favorites, but I also get into who seems to be having a blast. These builders are a lot like me. I look at life like a race I'm not going to win...but I can always say I did race :D Cool! Keep them coming!

Not much progress...I had to finally order a $10 bottom bracket set. I looked and looked but to no avail. So I wait for parts.

But on the upside I did pick-up this hot Huffy Cranbrook :oops: . Black Hubs, Blue Rims, Stickers come off real easy, Just a solid bike for parts or whatever.
The best part is they only cost $84.00 I know it's not too desirable but, they have a good purpose...I'll build a nice something out of this one.
I'm stoked.
(No I'm not switching bikes again for the build off...this is for a future build :D )

DSCF4138.jpg

Oh yeah and incase anyone cared...here is a pic of the Cranbrook as it sits now...shown in more detail on it's own thread in bike builds.
I call it The Gilly.
Okay Back to my RRBO5 bike...pics soon! (waiting forever on a part :) )
DSCF4171.jpg

that looks sweet bud, love the odyssey type shark bites/bear traps.

thats seats just too coo, sets off the entire bike.

icyuod2 said:
that looks sweet bud, love the odyssey type shark bites/bear traps.

thats seats just too coo, sets off the entire bike.
Thanks Man! I appreciate the kind words :D
I've got some blue and white checkered grip donuts coming for it too.

Dear Mr. Knuckle Down. Would you kindly share the color that you painted your fast looking Racer! Thanks

So here is the progress as of late...
3 piece crank went on and I moved the 3 speed shifter up to the seat post.
I also added some orange/red block pedals

I need to get some short crank bolts...
put the rear fender on securley...
string the shifter...
chain...
lace up a bag...
and who knows what else...
:lol:

DSCF4202.jpg

DSCF4201.jpg

Latest posts

Back