Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1950 Schwinn Straight Bar.
521ab358440e46c30a68ecb6d7b9d0ab.jpg
ca17dfe0ec7a884a648abb2b38c2ff49.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
d65905a76962206eb6e1fe4fbc16132f.jpg
changed to laid back seat post...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Here's a bike I put together for a friend, it's a Santa Barbara Cruiser by Rex. I built the whole thing including the wheels. Enjoy.

BMX Tueasday! by Paul de Valera, on Flickr

Here's a bike I put together for a friend, it's a Santa Barbara Cruiser by Rex. I built the whole thing including the wheels. Enjoy.

Very cool!

Luke.

I dunno, it was gold, gold, all I saw was gold! I had to keep washing my hands so it did not get grease all over his bike. Getting the fork in was a bear, like all true customs, there was some serious filing.

I originally was going to build it to be more of a klunker type thing, but I found that the parts I liked that had price tags I liked were older American BMX bike parts. It still runs on a coaster brake, and I ride it mainly on single track, but I stand up almost the entire time and it feels more BMX-y than MTB-y

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    580.2 KB · Views: 259
this thread has been haunting me for MONTHS, giving me ideas... finally did something about it.
This thread is good for that!

Luke.

this thread has been haunting me for MONTHS, giving me ideas... finally did something about it. threw these bars and seat on the old Murray, just to start heading in the right direction. work in progress, to be continued...

View attachment 32954

View attachment 32955

I like the bars and seat, LOVE the stem.... not too sure about that chain. :crazy: Are you gonna keep the gears?

I like the bars and seat, LOVE the stem.... not too sure about that chain. :crazy: Are you gonna keep the gears?
Nope. Going to start with an 18T freewheel and a 40T front sprocket and see where it goes from there.

What, you don't like my stealth chain?

Awesome build; i love the SBC bikes and i love the components he chose. Seems like you put it together real nice, too, Paul.... but someone needs to stage an intervention for that guy, in regards to that obscene top tube pad.

this thread has been haunting me for MONTHS, giving me ideas... finally did something about it. threw these bars and seat on the old Murray, just to start heading in the right direction. work in progress, to be continued...

Slightly better shots in actual daylight. The front sprocket has already been changed from the photos and I have some ideas about the seat and tires, but time and the to-do list are not cooperating this weekend...

20160903_100814.jpg

20160903_101229.jpg

Sell-out move, installing a chain like that. :crazy: Is that a Monterrey? I rebuilt one of those for a friend; it was a lot of fun on the post-tune shakedown ride. Hers was a SS CB model. Frame looked just like yours.

Back