Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they could be a few K with all the high end 90's bling.

I do have a 'recent' 26" bmx, called Bmix, a '96 Sunn product.
nice to cruise handless :rockout:, or to go fast across the town with dogs ;)

billet02183_L.jpg

one of my favorite MFB.

26' alumi frame(unknonw make) 29" wheel set, nexus 7 speed internal rear hub, redline bars - custom bmx style cruzer...
IMG_0762_zpsf4433fa3.jpg
IMG_0762_zpsf4433fa3.jpg
IMG_0763_zps5c16ea0a.jpg

Looks nice. I beleive it might be a Kent La Jolla frame.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index....luminum-frame-26-cruiser-99-at-walmart.69537/

The La Jolla bikes have been around a while and therefore the frames have been changed some through the years.

Did you drill the holes in the top tube to route the cables? How much did you have to spread the rear dropouts for the Nexus7 hub? It's my understanding that spreading aluminum frame dropouts is dangerous. Other more knowledgeable members can elaborate on the risks of that. I think the bike looks cool and I certainly love the internal gear hubs but I worry about the safety of a aluminum frame if the dropouts have been spread.

New bling bits for the Kos arrived today. A replica old-skool race plate, pair of chain tensioners - that need better hardware - and some chain lube. I bent the original chain ring on a gutter and tore the seat when I crashed it - so I replaced them recently too.
Pretty much calling this one sorted/finished now. Just enjoying riding it.
kos.jpg

Back