STBO Little lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So in a change of plans because I didn’t find a step thru I like, but I did finally find a set of tiny wheels I will be building this
IMG_7288.jpeg
it’s a 1984 pixie that my 1986 model wife learned to ride on. I got it out of her parents collapsed shed years ago and when we had a daughter I decided she needed to ride it. Our daughter is 2 1/2 now so it’s time.
IMG_7289.jpeg
The red paint stays even though my wife hates it. Most everything else will be cleaned and painted. Fenders will get ditched.

This reminds me of the tiny bike I learned to ride on. The frame is a little different but the rest is very evocative of that first ride. Have fun with it!

IMG_7290.jpeg
Tiny bike was kicking my butt bad enough we had to go to the garage for penetrating oil and power tools.
IMG_7291.jpeg
With the wife’s permission I finally won, but at the cost of the fork most likely.
IMG_7292.jpeg
It’s apart and waiting but losing the fork means I lost 100% on it staying red.
IMG_7296.jpeg
the wife wanted blue or green but the tiny human wins
IMG_7297.jpeg
berry pink with purple and white accents seems to be the winner.
IMG_7298.jpeg
10 bucks on market place and it looks like we are headed to baby’s first klunker using this fork and tires

IMG_7418.jpeg
IMG_7416.jpeg
Round one of cleaning and sanding. If you like your truck don’t use the hood as a wash bay.
IMG_7417.jpeg
for some reason I didn’t expect the training wheel brackets to say scwhinn. These are probably the roughest part I’m trying to save.
IMG_7419.jpeg
IMG_7420.jpeg
black was the only primer I had on hand. Went out and got some red yesterday after this. Want the pink to pop when we eventually get to that point! Plenty of sanding to do.

Latest posts

Back