Looking forward to RRBBO#8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint it Black was one of the bikes from BO7 that I would love to have as a rider. So MANY cool details on that build!!!!!! Incredible professional build!!!

Peatbog said:
Go ahead and do a 20 incher if you want too. Don't tell anyone what it is. Stand a little person by it for a picture so the bike will look larger in comparison. No one will know. You could call it 2?-inches of Awesome.

Don't worry about votes. None of it makes any sense. I mean, this bike didn't make top ten:

PIB11.jpg

How could it not? Who knows. So just built something you want to ride and forget about votes. There needs to be more variety anyways--20 inchers, girl's bike--stuff like that. I'm thinking about a 24" girl's bike.*

*Chuckle, chuckle, a girl's bike--wink, wink.

That bike is awesome. I'm going to have to steal that rear fender idea.

I'm really looking forward to the next one, but I'll have to let everyone know ahead of time that they don't stand a chance.......... That's right, I'm "restoring" my uber rare certified 1970 Australian Schwinn Employees Only Koala Krate (with full ducumentation)!! :wink:

Peatbog said:
Go ahead and do a 20 incher if you want too. Don't tell anyone what it is. Stand a little person by it for a picture so the bike will look larger in comparison. No one will know. You could call it 2?-inches of Awesome.

Don't worry about votes. None of it makes any sense. I mean, this bike didn't make top ten:

PIB11.jpg

How could it not? Who knows. So just built something you want to ride and forget about votes. There needs to be more variety anyways--20 inchers, girl's bike--stuff like that. I'm thinking about a 24" girl's bike.*

*Chuckle, chuckle, a girl's bike--wink, wink.

Yeah it is shocking that didn't make top 10. Like me I bet a bunch of guys 'almost' voted for it, but didn't in the end. It probably would have been my #4.

And I know it is easy to say, don't worry about the votes, but I can't help it. I have middle child syndrom! "Look what I can do mommy!" :D

bean said:
I'm really looking forward to the next one, but I'll have to let everyone know ahead of time that they don't stand a chance.......... That's right, I'm "restoring" my uber rare certified 1970 Australian Schwinn Employees Only Koala Krate (with full ducumentation)!! :wink:

I came across a rare 1977 Schwinn Jimmy Carter / Billy Carter Georgia Boiled Peanut Beer Krate bike that I plan to use for my build.

billy-carter-service-station.jpg

kingfish254 said:
bean said:

I came across a rare 1977 Schwinn Jimmy Carter / Billy Carter Georgia Boiled Peanut Beer Krate bike that I plan to use for my build.

billy-carter-service-station.jpg

I had one of those, but I totalled it drinking Billy Beer. It was ironically ironic...

billybeercan-97a0a242.gif

You must have been riding at night and didn't have the uber rare headlight like the one I used in RRBBO6.

20110723Photo_03A3932C-F78A-5103-2506-2B951A29F0D3.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
I see your koala bear and raise you with baby bear's teddy bear.
image-150.jpg
You should all just give up now.
I have Platypuses,Platapy? Ahh! Whatever the multiple for Platypus is!
perry.jpg

I have a plan and I am taking your ideas just so I can win your votes!
Wait. :idea: If it's an anything goes, I guess I don't have to do anything since it's all legal! I can pay someone to build my unaltered purple stock bike that is radically modified! Then I can just shoot the pictures,or maybe I will just have a professional do that also :idea: , and enjoy all the fame and fortune that comes with my SWEET VICTORY when I win!
I also have a bike that will be vote repellant whatever the rules are or aren't! :p Okay. I am serious about that. The rest was a joke.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PLATYPUS AND COMMA!
okay....I'm done :p
Whatever the build off is or isn't since who knows? It may just be called off! I bet I will have the stupidest build thread and the most over the top use of emoticons! and fragment run on sentances that make no sense and end in mid tho :lol:

Gold Street Customs said:
All this free time, I have come up with the ultimate build. 1. Flat Black Paint 2.Schwinn Frame 3.Red Coaster Brake Wheels 4.White Wall Tires 5.RRB Sticker . Please no one tell of my secret build :roll:
PSSSST! I HEARD OF A GUY THAT IS GOING TO.............

Gold Street Customs said:
All this free time, I have come up with the ultimate build. 1. Flat Black Paint 2.Schwinn Frame 3.Red Coaster Brake Wheels 4.White Wall Tires 5.RRB Sticker . Please no one tell of my secret build :roll:

As long as we're being honest, I'd probably vote for that, if it was clean and simple. That "traditional" rat rod look still gets me.

kingfish254 said:
You must have been riding at night and didn't have the uber rare headlight like the one I used in RRBBO6.

20110723Photo_03A3932C-F78A-5103-2506-2B951A29F0D3.jpg

No. No, I did not.

I was ran off the road by a truck that looked just like this.
Zcz6I.jpg

It was shame. I had this as a custom head badge on on my Georgia Boiled Peanut Beer Krate.
s9Scvintage-1970s-billy-beer-belt-buckle.jpg

It was glorious...

In an effort to repeat with a theme bike, I've come up with a few ideas. Ratcheted Rollfast, Canned Custom Cruiser, Reeled Roadmaster, Giant Genesis, Penniless Peerless, Sweetened Schwinn, Super Shapleigh, etc.
Maybe, maybe not...have thought about redoing this one with aluminum panels to replace the cardboard while tweeking the design and lines. Would include other enhancements. But I suppose it would conflict with the rules.
uhaquhe8.jpg

Let's go with cowboys to speed things up...
utysy3u4.jpg

MazdaFlyer said:
In an effort to repeat with a theme bike, I've come up with a few ideas. Ratcheted Rollfast, Canned Custom Cruiser, Reeled Roadmaster, Giant Genesis, Penniless Peerless, Sweetened Schwinn, Super Shapleigh, etc.
Maybe, maybe not...have thought about redoing this one with aluminum panels to replace the cardboard while tweeking the design and lines. Would include other enhancements. But I suppose it would conflict with the rules.
uhaquhe8.jpg

Let's go with cowboys to speed things up...
utysy3u4.jpg
Wow that looks very Boyd/ Tuttleish/Hot wheel, yet very original at the same time :idea:

Back