UNLIMITED LumberJacked

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if you can get a uniform finish, it goes a long way towards a cohesive look, important with this kind of build. Wether you can accomplish that with bare metal is the question. Will you be able to get the same look for the steerer of the fork you inserted as the frame tubes of the original bike? Paint will cover any variations in the metals. In my opinion, a loud shiny paint job is what you want. Bright glossy red or orange or neon green, something wild to make the custom work seem normal

I agree with Matti. I think this build would be better tied together with uniform paint. I like the idea of wild and bright, but even a mild uniform color would work.

I think if you can get a uniform finish, it goes a long way towards a cohesive look, important with this kind of build. Wether you can accomplish that with bare metal is the question. Will you be able to get the same look for the steerer of the fork you inserted as the frame tubes of the original bike? Paint will cover any variations in the metals. In my opinion, a loud shiny paint job is what you want. Bright glossy red or orange or neon green, something wild to make the custom work seem normal

I agree with Matti. I think this build would be better tied together with uniform paint. I like the idea of wild and bright, but even a mild uniform color would work.

I am really glad I asked and got a different perspective. I initially thought of the neon/glamour days of late 1980s early 90s mountain biking and this was the direction I thought of.

Then, with the procurement of 2 different color "springer" fork blades (that matched in shape!), a spring from dept store bikes and mishmash of other parts and a name like LUMBERJACKED, I then thought of going towards a Rat-ty patina olive drab color scheme of what a CCC (civilian conservation corp) lumber jack might use.

Either way, I figure I have a day or 2 to decide - rain has been sporadic......

I then thought of going towards a Rat-ty patina olive drab color scheme of what a CCC (civilian conservation corp) lumber jack might use
Oh, that's another interesting direction from the wild custom colors, perhaps something in the middle, safety yellow and flat black, with patina added

images (3).jpeg
logging-truck-logging-museum-collier-memorial-state-park-oregon-JPAEFF.jpg

You could always get some red flannel shirts at goodwill and upholster the whole bike with them. :D :D :D :D

1721090251657.png

Latest posts

Back