Maybe one more

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikesbikes36 said:
SURE DOES LOOK COOL MAN ..UR WORK IS TOP NOTCH MAN

Thanks I just keep plugging along.

thatismytruck said:
Been watching for 10 pages. Everytime I think I have a comment or exclamation, you do something else to make me speechless. I really like this frame. very nicely done.
10 pages huh Skip. As with all my builds there is alot of input from Mark and my wife and anybody else around. I build with whatever is laying around alot. If there is a tube or a pipe laying there I stick it on and then look to see if it will complement the build or detract. Sometimes I see something that I want to use on the next one. This one is nearing the end and turned out pretty good. If I dont mess up anything between now and the paint I should be ok. Glad you like it. :wink:

Nitro Stan is a body putty that you use when your through with the bondo and you have small holes in it. This putty stuff is like a real thick primer in a tube. Smear it on and its sets in about 15 minutes.Then you can sand it. That 125 is just too wide to stick on a bike. It would stick out about 5'' on each side and I think it would look goofy for one thing and maybe get in the way for the other. :roll: :roll:

WOW.... that is an amazing build.. i can't wait to see you next build cause every time you build a frame you just set the bar a little higher....oh wait this one is you last one right... :( cough (bull) cough well if this is your last bike what a way to go if not can't wait to see the next one......

Von Stans said:
WOW.... that is an amazing build.. i can't wait to see you next build cause every time you build a frame you just set the bar a little higher....oh wait this one is you last one right... :( cough (bull) cough well if this is your last bike what a way to go if not can't wait to see the next one......

Glad you like it. Keeps me busy. I'm going to take a short break...My wife is doing the Spring point. That is where she walks out in our destroyed back yard and starts pointing at things she wants replaced...dead plants....dead grass....never ending battle.
Got the paint on and it looks like the tires are going to look cool. Ok it looks a little silly upside down , but its drying. :shock:

tan001.jpg

all i gotta say is DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i got more to say i think this is my fave bike you have done yet i know this one might be a quicky for you but the combination of lines and color is really neat. not that you need another pat on the back but very very nice job!

Thanks Steve ,Karfer and Cameron ....it looks even better right side up. This one snuck up on me . I stuck the last real monark springer I have on it and man I was impressed. I was giggling like a little girl. If you like it hanging upside down on a ladder wait till you see it tomorrow. Forgot to build a kickstand ,but I can come up with something. Really Cameron It started to clog a little at the very end of the can. I kept shaking it the whole time. I like the paint. Kinda expensive. :shock: :shock:

easy for you!!!
Please dont cut this one up....I dont think I could take it!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It really is easy Mark. Its just a few pieces of pipe welded together. I'm not a professional fab guy or a world famous bike designer ,and I can come up with some pretty nice stuff. Everybody should try this. It gets a little easier with each one you do. Don't worry this one is past the cut up stage. It was kinda iffy there in the middle though. :shock: :shock:

WOW....Looks great. That paint is beautiful. It shows off your frame perfectly. How about 5 coats of clear to put a deep finish on it(like a Schwinn :wink: ). I have a Spaceliner frame that needs some paint like that.

Kickstands are nice to have but it might detract in this case. How about somthing like this http://www.click-stand.com/

You keep on Unk and you're going to make me give it a try someday. I mean it. That really is a great piece of work. I love it, but you make me sick. In a good way if you know what I mean.

Once again thanks Mark. I do the best I can. Just think if I had some room.....

Clancy its cool paint. Covers really well. It dosent splotch if you get it thicker in one spot or another. The bottom of the seatpost is still open and I'm going to make a U kickstand like I have done before and slide something in that tube to hold it. Those portable kickstands would be useful for that guys dog down the street that likes bikes.You could ride along and hold him away from you with it. :lol: :lol:

Well rgallen its really easy to do this . I know everybody is tired of hearing it from me. Four peices of tubing ..in any design welded together with some stays. I know I'm retired and have extra time to work on things , but if you weld one tube together a week ...in a month you will have a bike.

Back