Maybe one more

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncle Stretch, you said you bought some of the Duplicolor red speck? Retro red? I painted my last lowrider with it. You can't see it full look from the pics, but it is cool.

DeuceLowfin.jpg

DeuceLowfin2.jpg

Skittles huh. Thats funny

Uncle Stretch, you said you bought some of the Duplicolor red speck? Retro red? I painted my last lowrider with it. You can't see it full look from the pics, but it is cool.
Man that is just what I'm looking for. That looks good. Glad you like my build.
Working on a trick for my BB if it works I should have some pics tomorrow.
Didn't get any bike stuff done today ...washed my van and changed the oil. Spilt more oil than the Exxon Valdez. :lol:

I love those old tear drop sprockets.

I like the creativity but do you think that will be flexy?

cman said:
I love those old tear drop sprockets.

I like the creativity but do you think that will be flexy?

Yep. I'm going to have to stick another bar on the back and it should firm it up. I was hoping that just the two would do. Oh well I''ll stick another one on tomorrow and if it looks too bad or its still flexing then I'll cut it off and start with something else less cutsie. :cry:

Ok that didnt turn out like I wanted ,so a couple zips with my porta bandsaw and we are back to a clean slate. :wink: See more tomorrow
Wasnt my style anyway. :oops:

Hey thanks , but when I build ,sometimes things work and then sometimes they dont. If I could have got it to work with just the two bars I would have kept it just because it was unusual. By having to add another and still not knowing for sure if it would stabilize it ,wasnt worth it. Kinda cool though. :wink:

maybe an old solid skip sprocket. then have tubes going to it that are sloted on the ends that the sprocket sits in then weld it. because old skip sprockets are so much thicker than new bikes i think it would be fine

Karfer its hard to find a skiptooth one that has alot of meat. They made them thick and then cut a bunch of things out of them. That was the only one I had that I could cut out they center,and it wound up too flexible. If I had done a spyder web around it then it would have been fine, but it really wouldnt go with the style of this frame. At least its an idea that maybe someone can use on their build.

need to laser/water jet a custom thick one that just looks like a sprocket maybe.

Hey U.S.,I am seriously diggin' that BB idea.What's the best way to smooth out all the welds to make them look super clean? Lookin' forward to the finished product.

Back