(MBBO#4) Class 1 The Wraith

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving this bike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ok, all the paint is on finally, bike has been wet sanded to smooth it out and clear sealed, then clear coated to achieve a nice gloss finish.

Then I got on to the decals, and did a little test fitting and assembly of a few parts. Headbadge is new old stock and the colors match the frame, pretty awesome.

Yep, nailed it! And just one more reason why I'm going bright and shiny for my muscle bike build next Fall. Is it 2016 yet ,@LukeTheJoker ?? :21:

Thanks everyone for all of the positive comments, the build has been really great and there are a lot of real talented bike builders out here building this year.

Sorry if the posts have not been too regular, my fathers health had not been good and recently he passed away, prior to that my wife and I were heavily very involved with his care day to day.

My dad was 88 he loved mechanical things and spent much time working on stuff at his workbench when I was a kid.
He worked at Schwinn for a while when he was young, I remember his stories of when he would install wheels and turn wrenches. I also still have the Schwinn Hornet I dragged home from the trash and we worked together to build it. He enjoyed my other build "Cheap Thrill" as I built it, I would work on it at night or when he would nap and show him pics on my tablet as it went, he smiled the day I showed him the finished bike.

With "The Wraith" he would ask how is the blue bike going or are you working on the bike tonight, I had showed him the Chainguard early on and he liked it and said he looked forward to seeing it when I finished it. Unfortunately that never happened. I've decided to dedicate this build to him and his memory. The day after his funeral last week I decided I had to get this bike done. What you see here now is many straight hours of work assembling, rebuilding, cleaning and sometimes polishing. Only wish he could have seen it.

I've decided to dedicate this build to him and his memory. The day after his funeral last week I decided I had to get this bike done. What you see here now is many straight hours of work assembling, rebuilding, cleaning and sometimes polishing. Only wish he could have seen it.
Bike looks great, and is a fitting tribute to your Father!
Congrats on finishing.

Luke.

I learned all my "bench skills" from working with and watching my dad too. I appreciate your care giver attitude and devotion to him. Whenever a new idea or a new creation is achieved, I think of my dad. You have honored him with this build, and you will continue to honor his memory with your creativity and projects in the future. Carry on, and carry his memory as you go.....

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I took care of my dad for the last few years of his life, I know it can be a struggle sometimes. But I wouldn't trade that time for anything.

Don't worry that you didn't finish this build before he was gone, he'll still see the final product and I'm sure you'll know what he thinks.

Latest posts

Back