(MBBO#5 Class 1) 1971 AMF Aerobee. *DONE*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nothing fancy, just fixing it up and restoring it.

FuSB82.jpg

Busted it apart today. The worst part is the seat. The bottom of the pan has been blown through.

OYOYvu.jpg

JGUPfX.jpg

zRhSCH.jpg

So, going to have to do something about that.

I checked out the frame. I love the shape! But it's in rough shape.

wiB9Tj.jpg

C8yWWu.jpg

ovgnDb.jpg

zMrN4g.jpg

The parts are just as rough. So, I'm going to soak them in Oxalic Acid. (Tossed a couple extras in as well)

milgha.jpg

R17N77.jpg

While I wait on that, I decided to pull apart the freewheel and clean it. I forgot to take a "Before" picture, but it was nasty.

72j39r.jpg

JRd4DM.jpg

Cool bike, will be so nice when you are finished with it!
That pan could be beaten back into place and weld a new reinforcing plate over that area, should not be too hard for someone to do for you...

Luke.

My neighbor had one of these when I was a kid we would race each other down a huge dirt hill behind our houses in South Dakota. It brings back great memories I can't wait to see it all cleaned up.

5. The 5th one is hidden behind the guard ring. You can see it in the pieces picture.
oh!:thumbsup: never seen a guard ring on a freewheel ether:confused:

Glad you decided on doing the Aerobee, have you decided what color, looking forward to seeing this one.

5. The 5th one is hidden behind the guard ring. You can see it in the pieces picture.

Crash - that is a good photo of the guard ring - is that the same as the one the Rails need ?

Will be watching for your magic on this one, as I have it's twin in my fleet ( as most of mine = as found,unrestored, lol ) .

Latest posts

Back