(MBBO Class 2) "Mad Maxine" NOW SOLD TO A NEW RRB MEMBER!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Luke,
Nice concept,hope Heidi gets in and helps you...:113:
Stickers arrived, thanx a mill,but to be honest I fell in love with the art work on the envelope.:grin: Puts a smile on my dial,might have to frame it...
Want to know when Heidi is going to start entering build-offs?

Good luck Luke,
Nice concept,hope Heidi gets in and helps you...:113:
Stickers arrived, thanx a mill,but to be honest I fell in love with the art work on the envelope.:grin: Puts a smile on my dial,might have to frame it...
Want to know when Heidi is going to start entering build-offs?
I have tried to involve Heidi in the bikes, but it is just not her style, I think it is the sparks and bits of metal flying around... I have to admit, if I had hair longer than my current 1/2" I would hate trying to get bits of metal and drill swarf out of it... She is happy with her jewellery making and other hobbies.

I have another bike for her that will require less welding, you never know, she might jump in on it... ;)

Glad you got the stickers, awesome that you like the drawing, it was fun to do!

Luke.

PROGRESS!

Started work on the wheels today, first up with modifying the jig, I decided I wanted to use smaller tubing for the hubs this time, and add some more adaptability to the jig for future builds, so welded 3 old spokes to the jig with the adjustable nipples to act as guides for the hub tube:

15035620319_bb097b449a_z.jpg

Then I moved on to the next idea I came up with yesterday, by using pieces of angle to sit the spokes in on a 45 degree angle, I can add more interest to the wheels and also be able to use different size square tube or even round tube for spokes in the future:

15199380826_0aa06410e2_z.jpg

I also had to remove the top lip off the rim-jig to allow for the tiny 12" front rim:

15035821118_90dd3f479a_z.jpg

Then cut the spokes for the front wheel and mocked it up for a photo:

15222409355_c293877230_z.jpg

The rear spokes:

15222030942_a2f5930108_z.jpg

All ready for welding next time:

15035837147_40f428b1e9_z.jpg

That was it for today, I am trying to do less work, but more often, hopefully my recovery periods will be much shorter and more work will get done!

Luke.

I hope I don't make you mad but I'm curious of your health what's wrong but don't respond if you don't want to and I'll never ask again I'm just concerned because you mention it once and a while.:39:

I hope I don't make you mad but I'm curious of your health what's wrong but don't respond if you don't want to and I'll never ask again I'm just concerned because you mention it once and a while.:39:
All good Jamie! I have Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and Fibromyalgia (FMS)
Limits me a fair bit, but that is the way life goes... ;) We all have something wrong with us these days.

Luke.

Okay let's hope you can stay in good shape and don't over do it ! That way you can keep up the cool builds I have become a fan of your builds and went back and read everyone good luck and keep it up :rockout:

Okay let's hope you can stay in good shape and don't over do it ! That way you can keep up the cool builds I have become a fan of your builds and went back and read everyone good luck and keep it up :rockout:
Thanks Jamie!

If you haven't welded them up yet, heres some food for thought.
1509992_281235695368928_3042243559101268853_n.jpg

A little bit more work, but haven't seen any other than in old 70's rags.
They used to run similar wheels on the front of Gasser drag cars, called Launchers I think? I have played with the design in the past and may give it another go in the future, but this one will be 5 spoke. Want it to look simple and tough. ;) Thanks for the suggestion, you have bumped the idea back up in my build book, you may see it soon...

Luke.

Back