Mini Stretch Completed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason for the name is even though I stretched this frame 7'' its just 3'' longer than a normal bike. I think it started life as some kinda Higgins product. It has those kinda drop outs and the top tubes get smaller as they get to the seat post....Oh and that lug on the seat post. Might be wrong. Dosen't really matter its done . I used 24'' worksman rims with a seven speed on the back , and a fake drum hub on the front.Still have to hookup the shifter. The tires are Fattio's. Turned out ok. I'm not wet my pants excited , but it rides good and you can reach the bars without needing some long ones. With the 7'' stretch it has a pretty good pedal forward to it. Hope yall like it. :wink:

DSCF0005-6.jpg

DSCF0006-2.jpg

DSCF0007-3.jpg

DSCF0008-2.jpg

[quote="Uncle Stretch" Turned out ok. I'm not wet my pants excited , [/quote] hahahahha.
I like the looks especially with the painted wheels. I bet Steve wants those for his Raliegh PUB.

Uncle Stretch said:
Ahhh it looks like a stock bike somebody painted flat black. Nothing special really :cry:

That is what I like....so subtle it makes you look twice. Your frame stretches look perfect.

Hey Clancy , it was funny , I painted it gloss black yesterday , and then flat black today. It was pretty dry , but I wanted to finish so I stuck it upside down in my vice with the seat post. I got it all together and tried to put the kickstand on it and it looked like it was backwards. About drove me crazy for a few minutes , till I realize I built it backwards. When I flipped it over the crank was on the wrong side....hummm no wonder that kick stand wouldn't work. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah Schwinnray that build had some class. This one is kinda BLA!!

Uncle Stretch said:
Yeah Schwinnray that build had some class. This one is kinda BLA!!
You can ship it to me if you don't want it :lol:

I like it.
Simple, clean, and different enough that you know it isn't a stocker. Nice job as always! 8)

Thanks you guys make me feel better about it. maybe it will grow on me. I will hookup the 7 speed and give a few test runs around the neighborhood . I had already stuck it together and it rode really nice, but its not one that even looks good next to my other bikes . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like it. If you're not happy with it... it's a rat bike! :wink: Change her up! :D Not that isn't already very cool, but I have faith that you can work some magic with it if you choose to make some changes.

Uncle Stretch said:
its just 3'' longer than a normal bike..... I'm not wet my pants excited...... Hope yall like it. :wink:
Really ? that looks so long......Can you say that here? :wink: ........I like it! :mrgreen:

still love the stretched stock frame look! 8) actually, a stretched version of steves pub bike would look really cool. its got really sweet lines that would look great if it was longer. more of a hardtail motorcycle look! :mrgreen: overall a great job as always! my dang reading glasses are so smudged,that i actually thought you mounted the front tire backwards! :roll:

Yeah Skipton I guess I will have to censor myself. Might have been a bit crude. :roll:

I ride , this one needed another few hours with the bondo and sanding , for perfection, but I did my best and it never got there. Finally gave up and shot the primer on. Then the realization of, if it was a total build I wouldn't be going through all of that. Then the outcome was a mediocre result and it was kinda a let down.

John I never have run those Fattio's before. Never even looked for a rotation arrow. :oops: :oops: I changed the back one since I built it upside down and backwards. I noticed the letters on the front were on the wrong side , but by then I was tired of messing with it. I will change it to match the back.

You'd better flop the profile on the front tire Paul. I used my Ghostrider with Fatti-O's riding snow and ice the past weeks and they are pretty slippery - oh wait, you're in Texas, never mind... :mrgreen:

Very subtle stretch by the way, looks almost factory built 8)

Back