Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 7/19

u cain doooooo eeeettt!

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 7/19

Gee, after spending the entire night and the day working on the MoFaux front piece, I realized my sculpturing skills aren't really that great...oh, it just occurred to me...I've never sculpted before!!!
3951a68a.jpg

I started out with a kitchen butter knife, and quickly discovered that one tool will not suffice.
076f391b.jpg
The problem for me is knowing that after you've done one side...you have to mirror the other side...OMG!
6747b802.jpg
But somewhere deep down inside I believe I have the heart of the Little Train That Could and I kept saying to myself, "I think I can, I think I can!" :)

I also spent sometime rendering how the faux rivets will look on the parts?
5853d469.jpg

I have my fingers crossed that it'll all come together next week?

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 7/22

Cool, it's looking great! I really like that front piece you've sculpted. It's always tricky mirroring something, but like I always say, people aren't going to see both sides at once. :D It's going look brilliant keep up the great work. Faux rivets would be cool!

There oughta be a law... IT AIN'T FAIR!! ..(I mean that as a compliment by the way :wink: )

I am jealous of you rocket or is that a rauxket?

Very cool build 8) 8)
The great thing about the build off is learning new skills :wink:
You can do it :!:

Circa Cycles said:
Very cool build 8) 8)

For real! If I'm lucky enough to have time for next year's build off, I'm going to use A LOT of the things I've learned here to make somethin extree nice.

char said:
Cool, it's looking great! I really like that front piece you've sculpted. It's always tricky mirroring something, but like I always say, people aren't going to see both sides at once. :D It's going look brilliant keep up the great work. Faux rivets would be cool!
Unless someone eyeballs it directly from the front view? It took me all day but I finally got the symmetry correct, Yippee!

EastOfEastLos said:
There oughta be a law... IT AIN'T FAIR!! ..(I mean that as a compliment by the way :wink: )
Talk about skills...man, I love your pinstripping, plus your build is awesome!!!

kingfish254 said:
I am jealous of you rocket or is that a rauxket?
KIngfish, I'm going to leave this comment along, after all it was your MoFaux comment that has me doing this latest build :)

Circa Cycles said:
Very cool build 8) 8)
True,true! I'm certainly pushing my creative buttons :eek:

Peatbog said:
You know it looks like that one side is off just a wee bit right at the....Ha! Just kidding. It looks great.
Yeah, I noticed that too and I took care of it :D

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 7/25

I got a lot done today, I poured the silicone RTV (room temp vulcanized) mold for the 'rocket' head tube.
623c8c9d.jpg

It should be cured by tomorrow, then I'll have to cast a resin rocket, sand and polish.

I also began the stud work on the tins...tedious work.
2e08c6ed.jpg

If everything goes according to plan Mofaux should be completed by this Sunday.

fordsnake said:
RTV (room temp vulcanized) for the 'rocket' head tube

You didn't tell us it was going to be a Vulcan space ship!!!!!!

Live Long and Prosper my friend!!!!!

I+Am+Not+Spock.jpg

kingfish254 said:
fordsnake said:
RTV (room temp vulcanized) for the 'rocket' head tube

You didn't tell us it was going to be a Vulcan space ship!!!!!!

Live Long and Prosper my friend!!!!!

I+Am+Not+Spock.jpg
Aye, aye Captain K.

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 7/27

Yesterday I ran into a problem with the mold for the "rocket" but I think I can fix it... I finished the rivets on the tins and the faux paint last night, I'm really happy with how they turned out, Now on to the frame and the fender!
03b0b21e.jpg

3f6c2125.jpg

Oh man!!!!
Those are freaking incredible!!!!!
WOW!!!!!!!

Glad to see you're back at it on the build. Those rivets are the cat's....paw :D I can't wait to see the finished project.

Today was unproductive...I started painting the frame and the fender and I just wasn't feeling the patina outcome. Twice I tried to get it right, I finally ran out of paint. The process itself is tedious, I'm blending at least 6 spray can colors together,
2891ba5e.jpg
It's not a controlled process, some colors are sprayed 6-8 ft away. I'll make another attempt tomorrow.

Back