Monark Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Tim.

and another mocked up

DSCF6276.JPG

I am not convinced by chain guards. They never seem to look right, just spoil the simplicity of the bike.
They always strike me as a bit fussy.

The only chain guards that look good to me are originals on a fully restored tank bike or similar vintage machine.
Only my opinion of course. Your ride, do what looks good to you :)

@Wilcycle I tend to agree with you. I liked being able to see all of this sprocket. The guard does serve a practical purpose though (at least in winter when I'm wearing pants) and since I was doing fenders I thought it needed the guard to be fully dressed.

@Cman Yep. One reason I decided on this frame color is so it would go with any color of wheels. I may be swapping out these wheels and tires.

Decided to go with the Hiawatha chainguard. The black fits and the lines go with the headlight.

IMG_9110.JPG

Close up of the paint.

IMG_9138.JPG

Geez I take a ridiculous amount of pictures.

IMG_9120.JPG

Bring it down to the show Randy! We want to see it in person! Looks great in the pics!

Thanks guys.

Not so sure I like the green rims with this bike nor these tires but it's what I had and I didn't have a plan when I started. I had painted some rims around the same time I painted the bike but hadn't intended to use them on this bike. I decided to go ahead and lace them up. The rear to a Bendix 2 speed kickback. The color is Pontiac engine blue.

DSCF6328.JPG

DSCF6353.JPG

DSCF6364.JPG

Went for a chilly 20 degree (Fahrenheit) ride this morning to test out my new wheels. Made it home safely so I guess they're ok.

IMG_9189.JPG

There was a small hole in the front of the rear fender where it had been mounted on another bike.. I covered it with a piece of another fender.
IMG_9206.JPG

2 speed automatic
IMG_9178.JPG

Back