Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Tankenstein said:
Yeah, I agree, his bike is sweet with the wheels blacked out.

Ditto. That may have just made up my mind about doing it, myself!

Sometime after the Build Off, I still want to paint my rims orange, remove the beasty decals and go farther on "Finking" Fat Fink II.

Rat Rod said:
I sold my stock tires at the swap meet we had last Saturday for $30.

I just got half my garage back. :lol:

Someone got a deal! I bet you could have gotten $50-80 for them on ebay. Wrapping them would have been fun .

Yeah...this was a guy I knew. I brought them with me to see if I'd get any offers.

He said he was wanting to use them on a trike project and he offered $30 and I took it and said enjoy! :D

IMG_20130502_181054_404_zpsca46c665.jpg
[/URL]][/img]

New Belgium Brewery tap handle reflectors in the spokes.

Bought one of these and man is it a blast to ride, bought the devist-8ers, does anyone know if you can add a rear derailer and 6-8speeds? or how hard it will be to do???? or if there is enough room?

jwood said:
Bought one of these and man is it a blast to ride, bought the devist-8ers, does anyone know if you can add a rear derailer and 6-8speeds? or how hard it will be to do???? or if there is enough room?

You're the guinea pig. :D

jwood said:
im not sure what type of hub to order, anyone know what will work?
well, that's why you're the guniea pig. nobody knows what to order. or maybe more accurately, people don't think one exists.

Soooooooo want one of these
BUT WallMart don't ship to the UK :cry:
NOT fair :?
:?: Anyone fancy buying one boxed up and sending it to me in the UK :?: :roll:
Jo0Lz

jwood said:
dracothered said:
jwood said:
Nope it is to narrow and for about $10 more dollars you can get one that is the right width at here.

http://www.choppersus.com/store/product/770/Wide-Hub-3-Speed-Disc-SLVR/

can this one be used with a handle bar shifter? twist or ratchet
They say they will substitute a twist shifter if that is what you want (It is in their write up on the page you go to order it).

Back