MONGOOSE BEAST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1130053.JPG

Seems apparent to me from general experience, some good aftermarket tires and alloy cranks will bring your weight and footprint down far enough to change your perspective concerning gear ratio. :|

Snagged a 20t Bendix hub ring from Beatcad's latest pile, but haven't tried it yet. Sometimes they are too loose, but I'll have an idea of how much lower I want it. If it's good and chain line is OK, HVAC tape has more uses than WD-40. :mrgreen:

I'm still riding with a 22 tooth sprocket, but I only ride 3 miles to work, so it's a slow easy ride. Bike shop still hasn't had my order come in yet with a 20.

deorman said:
Snagged a 20t Bendix hub ring from Beatcad's latest pile, but haven't tried it yet. Sometimes they are too loose, but I'll have an idea of how much lower I want it. If it's good and chain line is OK, HVAC tape has more uses than WD-40. :mrgreen:
Are you talking about the metal tape, if so I love that stuff?

dracothered said:
deorman said:
Are you talking about the metal tape, if so I love that stuff?

I practically completely mocked up Flexy with that stuff last year!

Bullywerks said:
I just unboxed my beast and loose fit it together. Anyone have problems with the chain rubbing the tire ?

Your back wheel must not be on straight.

Bullywerks said:
I just unboxed my beast and loose fit it together. Anyone have problems with the chain rubbing the tire ?

Given the wonderful factory assembly skills shown (NOT), they might have put the bb axle in backwards. I have about 1/4" to 3/8" clearance on my 2 Beasts there. The nubs on the tires hit the chain.

Rick

Not entirely stock but then most racing rules require 2 brakes. Way to go Beastly.

Apologies, I thought by posting a video of a bike almost exactly like my bike doing its thing I was showing it. :oops: (these forum rules are tight! :wink: )

Back