Monson, Mass Swap Meet - This Thread RULES!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Monson, Mass Swap Meet

For the ride I will be prepared either way. I wear glasses too, Joe. have for about 20 years. They make these things called napkins or paper towels. they work great for wiping the water off the glasses. 8)

Well, yeah i know about those. They wipe water away real good. Truth is I had a paper route for 7 years when I was a youngster and when it rained I did everything in my power to avoid it. I rode my bike every day, even after I had turned 16 and had a car. That allowed me to get a bigger route. I filled my trunk with all the papers, threw the bike on top of them and drove to a central location on my route and delivered. I had three bikes during my paper delivery days. I had a 1969 Raleigh Chopper, a 1977 Raleigh Sports 3 speed, and a Peugot 12 Speed racing bike from 1981. Sold the Raleigh Chopper in 1980 to help fund the car and mainly used the Raleigh Sports. Bike served me well for all those years. For one summer I had 4 routes that made up 225 houses all delivered on a bike. Sundays in the rain though would suck. Took almost 4 hours to finish. Ahh the memories :roll: :shock:

Maybe you will be home but the rest of us will be going to bed to wake up early to go to Monson! The swap is SUNDAY!!!
The show and swap will be held on:
Sunday, MARCH 22, 2009 at Memorial Hall on Rt 32 in Monson, MA
7am to 1pm
(Vendors arrive at 6am)

BankerRAt said:
Sunday, MARCH 22, 2009 at Memorial Hall on Rt 32 in Monson, MA
7am to 1pm
(Vendors arrive at 6am)

Joe Arrives at 5:00 :lol:

I guess I'll bring my Western Flyer to ride. I have yet to ride it anywhere but around the block so it needs a cruise.
Dan

thatismytruck said:
no wonder you and Ian get along so well, he was a paper boy too. ...|

delivered The New London Day to 75 customers in Waterford. Sometimes I filled in for a kid who had a Sunday route of all sorts of NY and Boston papers too. That route really stunk. Saved up enough money to buy my first car and then some delivering papers. That was a great job. Funny I have no memory of ever doing it in the snow or rain. Must have blocked that part out. In the summer on hot days I'd get to go swimming at some customer's houses. I'd take my time opening up their screen doors to drop the paper in and slam it good if they didn't hear me opening it. "Ian, is that you? Want to go for a swim?" SPLASH!

Still don't know what time I'm going to be at the swap meet. We need to figure out who's car pooling with who and what not. And how long will you early arrival idiots be there?

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
We need to figure out who's car pooling with who and what not. And how long will you early arrival idiots be there?

I've not heard from pawel in quite some time, so as of now I am going up all by myself. I plan to leave my house about 6AM. I will hang out almost as long as anyone else wants to.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
thatismytruck said:
no wonder you and Ian get along so well, he was a paper boy too. ...|

delivered The New London Day to 75 customers in Waterford. Sometimes I filled in for a kid who had a Sunday route of all sorts of NY and Boston papers too. That route really stunk. Saved up enough money to buy my first car and then some delivering papers. That was a great job. Funny I have no memory of ever doing it in the snow or rain. Must have blocked that part out. In the summer on hot days I'd get to go swimming at some customer's houses. I'd take my time opening up their screen doors to drop the paper in and slam it good if they didn't hear me opening it. "Ian, is that you? Want to go for a swim?" SPLASH!

Still don't know what time I'm going to be at the swap meet. We need to figure out who's car pooling with who and what not. And how long will you early arrival idiots be there?

I'll be there long enough to get my bike from you. :D :D :D

ANd if beer is in the future, I'll stay longer!

Dan

Just heard the weather for Sunday.....................rain .....MAYBE

The ten day countdown is under way. :D Hopefully I will find the stuff I need... :roll:

JoeyMac said:
What, you made of sugar? Gonna melt? :roll: :wink: :lol:

I'LL BE THERE! EVEN IF THERE'S 2 FEET OF SNOW.

KOTA said:
JoeyMac said:
What, you made of sugar? Gonna melt? :roll: :wink: :lol:

I'LL BE THERE! EVEN IF THERE'S 2 FEET OF SNOW.

oooo you made the old guy maaaad.

Back