"MotoDromo Special" FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is nothing cooler than riding a vintage motorcycle. My dad has a barn full of them and one day I'll inherit them, hopefully not for a long time. That Honda Dream is beautiful and the, what looks to be about a mid 1960's R60 BMW, is one of my favorite bikes. Very cool pix, thanks for showing them. I wish I went to that show!!
Totally agree! Unfortunately I don't have a bike right now:( but i've had my eye on some CB550 K3s and Triumph T120s... The show was small but really cool, first time I went but it'll definitely be a yearly show for me now:cool: That Dream was absolutely immaculate and had just had a full restoration. I also love the dark teal color on the R60/2, but what really made my jaw drop was that Harley Davidson XR TT. Btw your Dad's barn sounds awesome:D

Got some good progress today as I managed to make 5 of the 8 louvers on the tank sides. It takes a long time to smooth and make them uniform with just an old planishing hammer and a makeshift dolly:headbang: It took me 3 hours just to make theseo_O Tomorrow ill bend the tank sides, make the top and bottom panels, and hopefully start welding it all up:grin:

I took the bike outside again for a few mock up pics as the light was really nice, I cant wait to put some bends in the tank:grin:

Thanks for looking!

Nice!
You are sooo right about that 3/4 front view totally justifying that sissy bar!!!

Nice!
You are sooo right about that 3/4 front view totally justifying that sissy bar!!!
Thanks KF! I cant decide what angle i like best:grin:

nice progress! That's aggressive!
Thanks CRASH! My bike will eat fixies for breakfast.:p

Very cool!

Luke.
Thanks Luke!:thumbsup:

It looks so cool in bare metal..:eek:

Customize!
Thanks Frankie! I keep thinking I want to paint it, but every time I take it outside for a few pics I fall in love with the bare metal again....o_O

Happy 4th of July RRBrs!:rockout::rockout:I'm almost done with the panels for the tank now and just about ready for welding:grin: First I finished the last 3 louvers on the left side tank panel.

Then using the shweet old metal hand brake we have at the shop I finally got the bends in the tank. Its really starting to take shape now (pun definitely intended:p)

After making the bottom panel Im surprised how narrow the rear part really is. Being only 22gauge mild steel Illl have to be really careful not to warp it when i weld it up :confused:

Unfortunately I didnt have enough time today to finish the top piece, got to go to a BBQ:grin: and I wasted a few hours watching the quarter final world cup games... So here's a bonus 4th of July pic!!

Oh no, KOTA is gonna have to salute again!
Love the tank man!
ps. Glad you had the flag supported at the other end so it didn't hit the ground. Happy Independence Day!

Man, when you posted earlier photo's of the tank I did not know you were going for that kind of depth. That is pretty friggin cool. That is one cool thing about your bike and post - a lot of interesting directions.

Oh no, KOTA is gonna have to salute again!
Love the tank man!
ps. Glad you had the flag supported at the other end so it didn't hit the ground. Happy Independence Day!
:grin: Thanks KF! I know my flag etiquette :p

Man, when you posted earlier photo's of the tank I did not know you were going for that kind of depth. That is pretty friggin cool. That is one cool thing about your bike and post - a lot of interesting directions.
Thanks Moisstink! Im trying to push myself on this build and do everything just a little more hardcore;), and I had absolutely no game plan or "theme". Its gonna be a pain in the :eek: to smooth out the welds on the tank tho...

Today was a great day, first Holland won their quarter final World Cup game ( I was born and grew up in Holland:grin:) Then I got my louvered tank almost fully tack welded.
First I cut and bent the top piece for the tank that I didn't get to do yesterday.

Then I started tacking the top to the side from the inside as it helps the shielding gas making a much nicer weld.

Top is all done! Tomorrow I'll tack the bottom panel and start all the outside final welding before filing it all down.

Im really liking how it turned out, now Im not sure if I still want a bottom straight bar below the tank:39:

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I didn't get as much done as I had hoped today, but I still managed to finish welding most of the tank.

Did a little test on one edge to see how smooth I could file it. Ill probably round it a little bit once I finish filing all the welds down.

Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back