"MotoDromo Special" FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my first ride today! I had the sprocket and crank already but I got some pedals, a cool chain, and some bearings and cups at my LBS. Went for a ride and i was very surprised how comfortable the riding position is. I built the bars to look good and with no thought whatsoever to comfort:grin: Considering the placement i figured it would be and awkward ride, but I don't even hit my knees!

The chain is a cool beefy bmx chain, and I think the sprocket looks pretty good.

After taking the bike off the little bike stand, I realized that I dont have a kickstand, and after looking it over, I dont think i want one on the bike messing up my lines:grin:. So I decided to finally make a rear jack stand which ive been wanting to do for a while. Looking around I found a pair of chunky shelf brackets and I had a pair of idler rollers with bearings from some motorized bikes I had built.

Crappy welds blew through the thin shelf bracket tubing.

Kept it simple with some flatbar and some cut-in-half scrap tube.

Riveted on a simple brace and it works! I might reinforce it a bit, but im probably going to keep it short like this. Its not a motorcycle so I dont need the leverage:grin:

Thanks for looking!

Hey guys and gals, Im going to start working on a sheetmetal gas tank this week but im not entirely sure of the direction im going. I did this quick photoshop render with what im thinkin of doing, gotta have a few more louvers on the bike:grin: What do ya'll think?

Thanks for looking!

I like it!!
Thanks bikebum! Now I just have to build it to look as good as the render:happy:

Go for it! It definitely adds to the bike which is cool as it sits.
Thanks Moisstink! I still have time left and I kinda wanted to make a tank from the beginning so im definitely gonna go for it:grin:

Very cool! I think it would be even better with a tube under the tank though...

Luke.
Thanks Luke! I was thinkin about that as well. Ill probably wind up doing it after I make the tank to make sure I get a tight fit.:thumbsup:

The only thing I think takes away from this build is the sissy bar. I also agree a bar under the under the tank is needed.
Thanks Draco! I appreciate the honest opinion, and while I do see what you are saying from a profile view, the front/back/and 3/4 are what do it for me. Either way I wound up welding it on so there's no turning back now;)

I think the sissy bar is definitely a keeper.
I like the tank idea too. Is the stripe just a stripe or a bend in the metal. It would be cool is the tank was the width of the tubes in the front, then have it bend in on itself so that it is thin back near the seattube.

I think the sissy bar is definitely a keeper.
I like the tank idea too. Is the stripe just a stripe or a bend in the metal. It would be cool is the tank was the width of the tubes in the front, then have it bend in on itself so that it is thin back near the seattube.
Thanks, and good eye:thumbsup: yes its supposed to be a pair of bends in the metal, again following the seat tube angle. I was going to make the front part around 3" wide and the back 1" like the top tube. I do want a little width to the tank and I also plan on making some cool mounting tabs.

So for the first time every I randomly decided to check out the dumpster behind the shop i work at just to see if there was something random I might be able to use on my bike, and lowe and behold right on top is this spiderman kids bike! The chain was all rusty and the brakes were broken, but it has a coaster hub so that doesnt matter:grin:. Anyway the frame is kind of cool so I might try and make an easy quick build out of this.

10 minutes later it all came apart easy and seem to be a perfectly good bike, I wonder why it was thrown away...

Since the frame was so cool I took some of the paint off and it looks even better! I think im going to strip the whole bike down to bare metal. Either way Im going to start a new thread for it in BONINE.

Thanks for looking!

Ha! a mini build...:thumbsup:
Maybe we should do a clown build-off?
Only rule is, the wheel size can be not be larger than 16":rofl:
Love the tank idea,I also like it without,kinda looks slick,like yo tires...

Cool find. You can only have one BONINE build though, but pop the spiderman build over in the regular BUILD section.

Back