My Hiawatha...Finally - New pics 5/20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what its all about!!

Wow I didn't even notice that fender in the background, it lines up dead on haha.

Well I have the original springer fork I'm going to be using on this bike, it has truss rods that come down from the headset to springs in the middle and then sideways trusses to the wheel axles. I don't have pics of it all together but the first pics I posted have the fork I'm using which should give you an idea.

I found a matching rear fender with curved braces, just have to measure tomorrow and make sure it will fit the way I want it, then I'll have the main parts I need to get building!

i really like this bike, the frame looks exactly like my western flyer frame i used for "the red baron" best of luck on the build, i'll be keeping my eyes on it. when i saw the newest pic and saw you wern't using the springer, but you're using the springer for the final build right? those shockmaster springers are so awesome and have a great feel while riding them :D

Joshua85 said:
i really like this bike, the frame looks exactly like my western flyer frame i used for "the red baron" best of luck on the build, i'll be keeping my eyes on it. when i saw the newest pic and saw you wern't using the springer, but you're using the springer for the final build right? those shockmaster springers are so awesome and have a great feel while riding them :D

Thanks! I remember that build, I'll have to go check out the pictures again.

Yes I'm definetly using the springer, I couldn't get that fender off the fork (bolts rusted) so I just threw it on there to see if it would work. Gonna bust out the dremel and get it off, I just bought a matching rear fender so I'm all set with parts now.

Back