New Felt Bikes--Sweet!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I ended up biting on a used "behind the 8 ball" from what I think is the 2005 felt line. As long as he actually ships the bike to me, I should be the proud owner of my first bike in at least 16 years! I have a feeling this will snowball into a small fleet before too long....

It has the 3 speed hub, but I think it will be the sturmey archer. Does anybody know why felt switched to Nexus? Also, the front wheel is a 26" and the back is a 24" :cry: , (pretty sure they come that way) should I just go through my LBS for a new front 24" or direct from Felt?

cruiser-bike-8-ball-felt-brand-3-speed_9545v.jpg

Tater said:
Lucky Strike said:
Love those bikes.

Wish they would shut down their Taiwan operations and move production to the U.S. I hear there are a few people looking for work, and I bet they would love to build those with pride in this country. Maybe as the U.S. dollar looses value and shipping costs rise the bean counters will let them do that.

I can't wait to see the actual bikes.

Rant on: :x

Felt could start by taking pride in their stateside customer service. Jim Felt ought to be embarrassed and ashamed at how his company treats folks buying their product. My local dealers absolutely hate dealing with this company.

It takes Felt ages to even acknowledge warranty claims. When they finally do, they try to pass the buck and not take responsibility for a problem that is THEIR doing.

Parts for Felt bikes that are not listed in their Web store are absolutely unobtainable even for current model bikes. I’ve tried dozens of times to obtain parts for my Felt cruisers and have yet to have them come through on a single request. Of course they will gladly sell you a new bike if you really want the part that bad. That is what they suggested I do when I needed a fender for a brand new cruiser.

I still love their designs and the quality of their product, but it’s just annoying as heII to have to deal with a company that values their customer base so little.

Rant off: 8)

Pic of new frame:
felt_tank_frame_600.jpg

Tater,

I had that exact same experience with Electra, and the reason I started looking at other cruisers. Electra Customer Service at one point was very good a quick phone call and issues got resolved you were able to purchase replacement parts for bikes you owned.

That has now all changed with the recent change in ownership from the original guys to at investment firm. They do not honor warranty , return phone calls or emails and further more will not sell you replacement parts for bikes that you own.

I have a pretty extensive Electra collection and don't see myself adding anymore because i refuse to give my heard earned money to a company that does not support its customers.

Its truly sad to see but that's how it goes.

I was actually in NOLA this past weekend.

MIGZ,
Unfortunately that seems to be where we are headed with corporations these days. They figured out that there is little money to be made in genuine integrity, so they grab what they can from the customers that have uneventful experiences with them and to heII with the rest. It’s all smoke, mirrors and every flavor of bull they can contrive. Few men shake hands or look each other in the eye anymore. Sad.

I hope you enjoyed yourself while in New Orleans. 8)

Tater said:
MIGZ,
Unfortunately that seems to be where we are headed with corporations these days. They figured out that there is little money to be made in genuine integrity, so they grab what they can from the customers that have uneventful experiences with them and to heII with the rest. It’s all smoke, mirrors and every flavor of bull they can contrive. Few men shake hands or look each other in the eye anymore. Sad.

I hope you enjoyed yourself while in New Orleans. 8)

I agree that is the main reason why I don't see myself buying a new Electra any time in the near future no matter how cool. I'll just pick up what I want used.

We had a blast in New Orleans hospitality , food and drink can't ask for more. I'm heading back Friday for work.

Hey Tater, still curious to know how you got that frame in the above post, and when you want to make a deal on it :wink:

Back