No Idea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That panel really changed the look of the frame. Looks custom very clean solution with the fender mount hard to add panels and lights and keep it clean.

Finally got in a test ride, put a couple miles on it last night. The good news is that low gear is totally rideable around town. It’s relatively comfortable and the brakes work ok. The bad news is my laziness bit me in the ... and the hub I didn’t rebuild doesn’t shift into high gear. I bought it cheap and the seller told me it was untested so no big deal, but after I take some pictures this weekend I’m gonna learn what’s inside a kickback 2 speed 😀 I have a couple of the older manual 2 speeds that I’ve disassembled cleaned and adjusted so I’ll just have to figure out how it’s supposed to shift and hopefully find whatever parts I may need. For build off purposes I’m calling it done. Thank you all for the kind words, suggestions and encouragement
IMG_4223.jpeg

Finally got in a test ride, put a couple miles on it last night. The good news is that low gear is totally rideable around town. It’s relatively comfortable and the brakes work ok. The bad news is my laziness bit me in the ... and the hub I didn’t rebuild doesn’t shift into high gear. I bought it cheap and the seller told me it was untested so no big deal, but after I take some pictures this weekend I’m gonna learn what’s inside a kickback 2 speed 😀 I have a couple of the older manual 2 speeds that I’ve disassembled cleaned and adjusted so I’ll just have to figure out how it’s supposed to shift and hopefully find whatever parts I may need. For build off purposes I’m calling it done. Thank you all for the kind words, suggestions and encouragement View attachment 243280
There are brake discs in a 2spd kickback... so when you put it back together you will need to use oil between the discs, and grease on the bearings.

Again, DO NOT grease the discs, make sure to use oil. Otherwise, you're going to be hating life, cause it won't work properly and you'll have to start over.

Latest posts

Back