No Idea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute!?! That tire....?? Is that going on this bike?!?

View attachment 240814
just background clutter. it's a new front tire for the ice racer, I leaned it on the furnace in december so it would warm up and be easier to mount but our season got cancelled due to the lack of ice. I just haven't found a better place to put it yet

I forgot I put the head badge on my desk to clean it! Whoever painted this bike blue got some on the badge and I wanted to get it off without hurting the original paint
IMG_4164.jpeg
an x-acto knife and a bit of scotchbrite did the trick, I didn’t want it shiny, just a bit cleaner. Someone on here once said to stop before you think you’re done, and I did that 😀
IMG_4166.jpeg
final assembly should start tonight or tomorrow…

"Remember OJ's rule of thumb when applying RaT-ina: "Always stop before you think you are done."

Nice work on the badge, Schultzie!

Cleaned badge back in place , along with headset cups. The bottom one has a bit bigger OD than the one that fell out when I took it apart
IMG_4170.jpeg
kickstand and fender next
IMG_4171.jpeg
i used a fender brace mount from one of the parts donors for a frame plate mount, split it and cleaned it
IMG_4053.jpeg
IMG_4054.jpeg
IMG_4173.jpeg
finished frame plate
IMG_4172.jpeg
then lubed and adjusted the bottom bracket, installed the crank and my $5 swap meet score GT Bmx pedals
IMG_4174.jpeg
here’s where I’m at now
IMG_4175.jpeg
hopefully more tonight…

Rear wheel and chain done
IMG_4181.jpeg
then fork and truss rods
IMG_4182.jpeg
i found a headlight in my pile of parts that I wanted to use, the mount was meant to go under the top steering nut but I didn’t like the look of it that high,so I chopped off the round part and bolted it to the truss rod bracket
IMG_4183.jpeg
IMG_4184.jpeg
IMG_4185.jpeg
much better! Also painted the shell to match the frame
IMG_4187.jpeg
so here’s where I’m at right now, one or two more evenings of work and I should be ready for a test ride…
IMG_4188.jpeg

This is really turning into one sexy beast!!! Keep it rolling man. Loving it.

Thank you all!! Into the cellar with some inspiration View attachment 242807
IMG_4217.jpeg
to install the seat post and seat
IMG_4212.jpeg
IMG_4213.jpeg
and the mandatory New England beverage opening system that I forgot removing from the last bike it was on
IMG_4218.jpeg
then the $5 road bike stem from the bargain bin at my favorite bike shop
IMG_4215.jpeg
cruiser bars and bar tape
IMG_4214.jpeg
looks like a bike now
IMG_4216.jpeg
final piece of the puzzle, the chain guard
IMG_4219.jpeg
it was pouring rain when I finished so a test ride is gonna have to wait for another day, but I had to bring it outside for the first time in a few years to take a picture.
IMG_4221.jpeg

Thank you all!! Into the cellar with some inspiration View attachment 242807View attachment 242810to install the seat post and seatView attachment 242811View attachment 242812and the mandatory New England beverage opening system that I forgot removing from the last bike it was onView attachment 242813then the $5 road bike stem from the bargain bin at my favorite bike shopView attachment 242814cruiser bars and bar tapeView attachment 242815looks like a bike nowView attachment 242816final piece of the puzzle, the chain guardView attachment 242817it was pouring rain when I finished so a test ride is gonna have to wait for another day, but I had to bring it outside for the first time in a few years to take a picture.View attachment 242818
Cheers to one fine ride! I don't often say this to a fella, but that is one huge crank sprocket you got there!
I am a connoisseur of tasty beers and that is one I've never had the privilege of enjoying.
Great build - Bravo!

That's what he said ^^ ! :21:

The sullen day with a few rain drops on the saddle and frame kind of add to the look of this build. Looks formidable and like it could last 100 yrs of hard use.

Please tell me (us - right Unca Shish?) more about that intriguing beer !

beer snob.jpg

Wow! This has really came together down the final stretch!

BTW, it may be a small thing but this solution caught my attention. Very outside of the box thinking on the little fender/speed plate bracket! Looks very cool. :cool:

241968-IMG-4173.jpeg

Cheers to one fine ride! I don't often say this to a fella, but that is one huge crank sprocket you got there!
I am a connoisseur of tasty beers and that is one I've never had the privilege of enjoying.
Great build - Bravo!

That's what he said ^^ ! :21:

The sullen day with a few rain drops on the saddle and frame kind of add to the look of this build. Looks formidable and like it could last 100 yrs of hard use.

Please tell me (us - right Unca Shish?) more about that intriguing beer !

View attachment 242821T
Thanks guys!! I hope it’s rideable! Innis & Gunn is a Scottish brewery that makes a line of barrel-aged beers. Kinda hard to find around here but worth searching for. I’m sure the Brits would be disgusted that I’m drinking it icy cold but it’s 90 and humid here so frosty mug it is..

Latest posts

Back