No Idea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanna play! Got this cheap at a swap meet 4 years ago and pushed it in a corner, time to do something with it but I have no clue what yet
IMG_4361.jpeg
this was the day I took it home, and now it’s on the stand
IMG_3838.jpeg
badged SamscoView attachment 230650 surprisingly everything came apart without a fight. The fork is worse than I thought and the bottom headset cup and part of a homemade shim fell out when I took the fork off but I think I can deal with that
IMG_3843.jpeg
my next step is to strip this pile of free bikes from last year, 3 came from a scrap metal dumpster and one was on the side of the road with a “free” sign on it. Hopefully I’ll end up with enough parts to only buy spokes and tires 😁
IMG_3837.jpeg
once I start choosing parts I’ll hopefully get an idea what to build, or maybe the bike will decide…

I love that frame ! Were you able to read the head badge before you pulled it off? :wink1: Kind of looks like an American Flyer frame I saw on fb market here.

The natural shape of the 'down curve' on this makes me think 'mullet' build; bigger wheel in front and smaller size in back. Like a 26 - 24 combo. Also, that tan seat with the rail on the orange bike looks cool at first glance.

Looking forward to your creative ideas!

RaT oN~!

I love that frame ! Were you able to read the head badge before you pulled it off? :wink1: Kind of looks like an American Flyer frame I saw on fb market here.

The natural shape of the 'down curve' on this makes me think 'mullet' build; bigger wheel in front and smaller size in back. Like a 26 - 24 combo. Also, that tan seat with the rail on the orange bike looks cool at first glance.

Looking forward to your creative ideas!

RaT oN~!
Here’s the badge
IMG_3839.jpeg
I’ll try to get the blue paint off without hurting the original paint. Big/little tire is a possibility, I like that look. I’ve got a 26x 1 3/8 front wheel off a 3 speed to try, and I’ve got a 24” rear I got in trade from ParkRNDL a couple build offs ago, a 24x3 might look good on the back if it fits…

Last edited:
Bear with me here, the story gets a bit convoluted
IMG_3848.jpeg
the green bike was going to be an “after the build off” project. It’s a $10 yard sale huffy 3 speed that was missing most of the brake and shifter parts when I got it, so I laced in a coaster brake hub. It was the only frame I had that would fit the exercise bike sprocket, but with all the hills around here it got minimal use.
IMG_3849.jpeg
The silver bike is my fourth attempt at making this cranbrook into something I like, it’s got the wheels and drivetrain from a Columbia 3 speed I got for free. The plan is to make the green bike back into a 3 speed and throw the cranbrook frame in the parts pile, since I want to try a 26x1 3/8 wheel on the front of the build off bike I’m just gonna strip them both now. So for the next few nights I’m gonna disassemble these 2 and the 4 on my deck and make a big parts pile, stay tuned…

IMG_3855.jpeg

First one up is this City Cruiser, found it on the side of the road with a “free” sign on it and couldn’t pass it up. No hiding where it came from
IMG_3857.jpeg
IMG_3856.jpeg
not a whole lot useful on here, Seat is cracked, plastic pedals, dry rotted tires, chrome peeling from rims, but I’ll keep the hubs, I like the chain wheel and the aluminum stem, and never know when I might need a headset part or bottom bracket part. I’ll try to give the frame away locally, and if any of you guys see something you can use I’ll be glad to share, let me know. On to the next one….
IMG_3876.jpeg

I'd save the orange Schwinn or use it last if needed.

Your frame looks like 1930's Harris/Snyder. I'm envious.

View attachment 231561
Thank you for the info, Harris would explain the Hs on the chain wheel
IMG_3888.jpeg
the Schwinn is definitely getting saved for a future project, I’m just gonna pull off the parts I know I’m not going to use so it’s easier to store in the meantime.I was going to build it for the skinny tire build off last year but had no time, I’ve got a vision for it and most of the parts, if there’s another skinny build off in the next year or so I’ll use it for that, if not I’ll build it anyway 😁

Next up is this wiki wiki cruiser, scrap metal dumpster find
IMG_3877.jpeg
some decent parts on this one, a better quality crank than I usually find on toy store bikes, a comfy looking seat in good condition, cool bars grips and stem, and the rims are actually in good condition aside from a bit of surface rust. The front is radial laced which is cool. I should be able to service the hubs and spray the rims and have a useable wheel set.
IMG_3885.jpeg
The frame is kinda Dyno-ish but only 15” from bb to the top of the seat tube so better for a shorter person than me. Into the donation pile it goes…

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back